- Los Gatos, CA
HighWire's mission is to extend the reach, impact, and exchange of scholarly ideas through innovative technology, exceptional service, and community engagement. Used by millions of scholarly researchers worldwide, with 1700 scholarly journals and thousands of scholarly books, HighWire provides powerful technology solutions to influential societies, university presses and independent publishers who produce high-impact journals, books, and other scholarly publications.
You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the world's best-known publishers, researchers and industry thought leaders. Together you will help shape the future of technology solutions for the scholarly community. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and a stimulating work environment that will keep you engaged. It will be an unbeatable experience.
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a growth company that is charting new territory, then HighWire is the place for you!
We are looking for a high-energy Senior Accountant with potential to scale with our growing operations. This position reports to the Assistant Controller and is responsible for key areas of the accounting function. These functions include working close with the accounting team driving the monthly and quarterly accounting close process. In addition, this position will work closely with the Assistant Controller on key processes and policies and the implementation of controls to drive compliance, effective management reporting and to help support quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
• Perform general accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, journal entries, and month-end close work.
• Reconcile, analyze, and resolve questions regarding general ledger accounts.
• Manage fixed assets and improve the policy.
• Consolidation of subsidiaries and elimination process.
• Support various treasury functions include daily bank reconciliations and weekly cash forecasting.
• Process and support outside tax consultants with multi-state sales tax and others tax filings.
• Participate in the external audit process, with specific focus on PBC preparation.
• Assistant with financial reporting.
• Support management in completing special projects and other tasks as assigned.
• Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation.
• Backup Accounts Payable and Revenue
We are looking for the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
• Proficient understanding of current US GAAP accounting.
• Ability to meet deadlines as necessary and work additional hours as required.
• Excellent communications skills.
Any of the following would also be a plus:
• Software industry experience
• System Implementation
HighWire offers an outstanding total compensation package including excellent health and wellness benefits and a flexible and dynamic work environment.
HighWire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.