VP, Sales (North America)
- Los Gatos, CA
HighWire's mission is to extend the reach, impact, and exchange of scholarly ideas through innovative technology, exceptional service, and community engagement. Used by millions of scholarly researchers worldwide, with 1700 scholarly journals and thousands of scholarly books, HighWire provides powerful technology solutions to influential societies, university presses and independent publishers who produce high-impact journals, books, and other scholarly publications.
You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the world's best-known publishers, researchers and industry thought leaders. Together you will help shape the future of technology solutions for the scholarly community. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and a stimulating work environment that will keep you engaged. It will be an unbeatable experience.
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a growth company that is charting new territory, then HighWire is the place for you!
As a member of our Executive Management Team, reporting directly to the CEO the Vice President, North America Sales will:
• Have the ability to develop and lead a high performing sales team
• Be highly professional and engaging
• Define sales forecasting and business development best practices
• Be comfortable selling to all levels of an organization, from the production office to the C suite
• Have the ability to drive and close new business, player/coach
• Confident presenting to any size group and able to think on your feet
• Be results-oriented self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and deliver excellent results in a fast-paced environment
• Have strong skills in all MS office applications, excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly responsive, knowledge and thorough use of SalesForce
• Have the ability to travel approximately 70%
• Create a culture of success and goal achievement
• Establish sales targets to meet company objectives
• Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
• Leading and manage the North America Sales function and staff
• Present a highly professional image at all times when representing HighWire
• Define and provide solution-selling customer centric strategies
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
• Conduct business meetings with prospects either in person or on the phone.
• Retain a current and thorough understanding of the scholarly publishing business as well as editorial and production workflows.
• Stay apprised of market developments through publishing news channels and networking.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
• 5-10 years of demonstrated high level achievement in business development and/or new business sales within the scholarly publishing landscape.
• 5+ years of sales management experience
• Must be able to hit the ground running by immediately setting up key meetings with major publishers.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to provide professional level presentations to small and large audiences.
• Expert-level proficiency with using Salesforce.com and the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Highly professional
• Ability to mutli-task and work well under pressure
• Participate in industry conferences around the US
• Willing to travel as required
HighWire offers an outstanding total compensation package including excellent health and wellness benefits and a flexible and dynamic work environment.
HighWire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.