Dental Assistant - Brookwood Endodontics BHM
- 1771 Independence Ct, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216, USA
Brookwood Endodontics in Birmingham is searching for an A+ Dental Assistant to provide the best care to our patients in a friendly, comfortable environment. a compassionate and loving environment. With the philosophy of, “the patient comes first” approach to all of our procedures, we have earned the reputation of performing the highest standard of Endodontics in the most compassionate and attentive manner. Your comfort is our primary concern.
Our practice is one of the most advanced clinics in the U.S. and is experiencing tremendous growth. We are committed to providing the most modern, clinically proven scientific approaches to endodontic therapy and pain management to our patients in a caring environment. We treat all cases through state-of-the-art operating microscopes utilizing digital technology and CBCT.
You’ll enjoy access to top-notch training from our management team, the ability to work in an established practice that believes culture is crucial to developing the right team to provide the ultimate level of care to our patient family.
The duties of a dental assistant are among the most comprehensive and varied in the dental office. The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills.
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols Taking dental x-rays
- Asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
- Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
- Teaching patient’s appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- Performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assistance program.
- Dental x-ray certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Dental Hygiene Program.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to provide great patient care.
- i2+ years experience as a Dental Assistant
- Ability to cross train and perform front office functions
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- BCBS Primary Health
- Secondary Medical Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Childcare Assistance Program
- Paid time off
Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we ask to only apply once per open requisition. We promise, no matter if you have the right experience or not, we will reply and not leave you pondering whether or not your resume slipped into an Abyss.