Senior Analytics Engineer
- Tag: DBT
Hiflylabs is a leading Modern Data Stack competency center in Europe with a staff of over 150 experts. With two decades of experience in the Data & Analytics field, Hiflylabs focuses on serving clients both in Europe and North America. We build cloud data platforms and data warehouses, do data analysis and data visualization, apply data science to business problems, and even consult on data management.
We strive to create a work environment that is both challenging and supportive, allowing our employees to grow and excel with our company. We believe that our people are our most valuable assets, and we are committed to invest in their personal and professional development through our mentoring system.
We are proud of our teams and colleagues, as well as we are proud of the hundreds of data solutions we have built over the years. We wish to be proud of you, too.
About the Job/What will you do?
At Hiflylabs, we are looking to extend our Analytics Engineering team. This team typically works with international clients in small squads, almost exclusively in agile.
We expect you to be a Analytics Engineer at heart: a data-oriented person with data/software engineering chops.
You will be briefed on what the client wants on the business side (it’s in plain English and not overly complex).
You then pick the technical components needed to fulfill those needs, mostly out of cloud services we routinely work with. Some of these are standard AWS or GCP platform services, some are even more modern ones, like Snowflake, dbt, Fivetran, or Looker. You help to scope the sprints as well.
Sprint-by-sprint you take part in delivering a reliable, working solution that pleases the client and meets the business constraints as well.
Finally we celebrate with you, and help you move on to the next challenge that advances your personal and professional development.
You report to the CTO (who is managing the Analytics Engineering team). You usually touch bases a couple times per week – but you are expected to be self-sufficient, and you will not be micro-managed for sure.
- Design and implement Data Pipelines with platform services and serverless solutions
- Develop, and test ingestion pipelines from various sources
- Create data transformations with SQL, Python, PaaS and 3rd party tools (e.g. dbt)
- Automate data ingestion and transformation (often with Airflow or similar tools)
- Data transformation background: sound conceptual understanding and practical experience of data modeling and ETL processing, including extensive knowledge of SQL. As an orientation, you are likely to have 4+ intensive years in the field.
- Intermediate software development background, preferably in Python and/or focused on data transformation.
- At least some experience in cloud data management, preferably in AWS or GCP data stack components (primarily batch data management, storage, loading, transformation of structured data structures, Data Lake storage and management tools)
- Strong technical and business English (oral, reading and writing)
- Team player, ability to lead the team and work with others
- Willing to own the project delivery
- Proactive in finding solutions
- Eager to learn and improve
- International projects, diverse challenges – Through Hiflylabs’ global nature you can work with clients and partners from all over the world. Are you ready for projects in New York, the Netherlands, Sweden, or Scotland?
- Advanced technologies - While immersing yourself in mind-blowing projects and tasks, you’ll discover cutting-edge tools & technologies.
- Empowerment - Trust is a cornerstone of our culture. We'll hold your hand if you need it, but give you space if you’d like to push your limits. Don't lose sight of the goal, the rest is up to you.
- Flexible ways of working – We love our location on Bartók Béla RoadStreet which is not only an office but also a community space. However, we respect our people to do their work when and how it they works best.
- Balanced life - We love what we do and aim to work together with others who do their work with love. At the same time, we highly value fresh minds, for which we think a healthy work/life balance is essential! Forget about pointless meetings and unnecessary administration.
- Mentoring from your first day – Continuous support is not just a set of fancy words we throw around here; your mentor follows you throughout your career path.
- Learning & Development opportunities - If you want to keep learning and improving, we are on to a great track! We look forward to helping you unlock your potential.
- Supportive corporate culture - In addition to our professional success, we are proud of the social cohesion that is based on comradery, mutual support, and respect and is constantly nurtured in the company.
- Lots of fun – The Hiflylabs’ community is made up of more than 160+ open-minded people from different backgrounds but with shared values. We have a lot of fun together, we’ve already booked your place for the next wine tasting, FIFA & foosball tournament.