Editor, College Fashionista
Her Campus Media is the #1 media portfolio for college students and Gen Z. Our brands -- Her Campus, Spoon University, College Fashionista, InfluenceHer Collective, and Generation Hired -- reach an audience of over 10 million readers and 550K social followers, and count more than 50,000 influencers and student ambassadors at 1,600 colleges in our global network. Whether through content, resources, events, or other experiences, our mission is to support, celebrate, inspire, amplify, and equip Gen Z to realize their dreams as individuals and for society. We also power full-service, integrated marketing programs for the world’s top brands, who partner with us to create authentic, meaningful connections with our audience.
Her Campus Media is made up of passionate, entrepreneurial, ambitious doers who are fired up about cultivating the next generation of leaders and changemakers. We are a small but mighty team of individuals, most of whom identify as women, committed to continuing to build a dynamic and inclusive organization where we want to work. Visit our Careers page to learn more about our culture and what makes us tick at hercampusmedia.com/careers!
College Fashionista is seeking a part-time Editor (approximately 15-20 hours/week) on a contractor basis to manage content and daily operations of the brand’s site, grow traffic and serve as the guardian of the brand’s voice and editorial direction. This position requires someone who is a top-notch creative and technical editor who is also adept at — and interested in — the day-to-day operations of running a media brand. This person will see all content through from beginning to end, ensuring it meets the brand’s editorial standards and brand voice, and will be charged with growing traffic, followers, and engagement. This position is perfect for someone entrepreneurial who is energized by the idea of getting to manage content for a brand.
This position has the potential to become a full-time position in the future. A creative and nimble culture, a passionate audience and community, the ability to influence editorial direction for a brand entering a new chapter after its acquisition by Her Campus Media, and opportunity for growth make this an ideal opportunity for a talented and capable self-starter passionate about Gen Z fashion, beauty, and lifestyle who is interested in a multi-faceted, flexible role.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as editorial lead for College Fashionista brand across site
- Oversight of content on collegefashionista.com
- Plan and manage all daily content operations across site, including setting editorial calendars, assigning, creating, and editing content, and crafting publishing schedule
- Player/coach structure that includes doing your own writing/editing/content creation in addition to working with writers
- Concept, oversee, and execute editorial projects and packages
- Generate ideas for new sell-able editorial opportunities for clients
- Significantly grow traffic
We believe the following will set you up for success in this role. If you don't have all of these qualifications, please still consider applying and tell us more about what makes you a great candidate for this role! We value unique perspectives, approaches and backgrounds.
- Strong understanding of the College Fashionista brand and program; previous involvement with College Fashionista a plus
- Proven record of achieving and surpassing traffic growth goals
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Quick and efficient worker with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability to function autonomously and complete projects and tasks without close management and supervision
- Self-starter with go-getter attitude, positive and upbeat nature, and excellent work ethic who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty and is excited about working in a start-up environment
- Passion for College Fashionista and its community
- Bachelor's degree (or other college degree) preferred
- 2-3+ years of editorial/social experience, preferably in Gen Z/women's digital media
- Proficiency with Wordpress a plus
Salary Range: $20-$30/hour
Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s skills, experience, and other factors.
Interview Process & Expectations
To apply, click the “I’m interested” button to upload your resume, submit a cover letter, and any other relevant materials (Ex. link to your portfolio or writing samples).
Our timeline is to make a hire by the end of February. You can expect 3 rounds of interviews, including an initial phone screen and subsequent interviews with the Director of Content Strategy, College Fashionista social team, and leadership. You will also be required to complete a work product test. This Work Product Test serves as a tool for both candidates and our team to assess whether the role is a good fit in terms of skills, approach, and interest.
Please refer to our Interview Prep Guide (hercampusmedia.com/careers/interview-prep) for a general overview of our hiring and interview process and what we look for in applications.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.