- 140 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Hennessy & Roach, P.C. is a law firm defending employers in Workers’ Compensation and defendants in General Liability matters. H&R is based in Chicago with additional offices in Springfield, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Indianapolis, Indiana; Overland Park, KS and Omaha, Nebraska. The firm handles matters throughout the States of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas and Wisconsin. Founded by Thomas G. Hennessy and James P. Roach on May 17, 1993, the firm continues to grow.
The Operations Coordinator role is based in Chicago and reports directly to the Office Manager. This role assists in daily operations through providing support in accounts payable, receivable, payroll, and human resources.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Reviews billing entries reports, check payment reports on a weekly basis to ensure data entry errors are corrected prior to invoices being processed so as to capture all possible billing opportunities in accordance with firm and client guidelines.
· Reviews and process check requests as requested by Office Manager.
· Assists with check deposits and updating vendor information in QuickBooks.
· Maintain office files to ensure pertinent business information and personnel records are retained and easily retrieved. Includes all operational, personnel, billing, and accounting files.
· Tracks time off requests and approvals. Update balances each payroll period.
· Assists with special events and other events as assigned by attorneys or Office Manager
· Provides back-up support for reception desk.
· Reviews and processes office supplies and weekly kitchen and bar inventory per firm policies and Office Manager’s authorization.
· Performs specific tasks/projects as assigned by attorneys or Office Manager.
· Reviews American Express bills each month to match expenses with receipts.
· Assist with recruiting process, including posting, reviewing candidates, pre-screen calls, and scheduling of interviews.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
· Associates degree required or a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Minimum 1-2 years of administrative experience supporting an office in an administrative capacity.
· Previous experience working in law firm preferred, but not required.
· Microsoft Office proficiency required.
· Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
· Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
· Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently.
· Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, and Dependability.
· Firm and Client Confidentiality required.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA), Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and 401(k)/Roth retirement plan with company match.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.