- 3940 Pintail Dr, Springfield, IL 62711, USA
Hennessy & Roach, P.C. is a law firm defending employers in Workers’ Compensation and defendants in General Liability matters. H&R is based in Chicago with additional offices in Springfield, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Indianapolis, Indiana, Omaha, Nebraska, and Overland Park Kansas. The firm handles matters throughout the States of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas and Wisconsin. Founded by Thomas G. Hennessy and James P. Roach on May 17, 1993, the firm continues to grow.
Title: Associate GL Attorney
Based at: Springfield, IL
Successful Midwestern law firm seeks an associate attorney with 5 or more years of experience defending general liability claims to join our Springfield, IL office. Hennessy & Roach, P.C. is a growing and dynamic firm with a seven-state footprint (WI, IN, IL, MO, NE, KS and IA). Portable business is a plus, but not required. Applicants should have strong academic record and professional references. Please submit a resume for consideration.
Essential Job Functions:
· Gathering and analyzing medical evidence and medical records.
· Deposing plaintiffs, physicians, experts, and other parties/witnesses.
· Conducting discovery.
· Performing legal research.
· Remaining current with developments in the law.
· Drafting pleadings, findings of fact, motions, briefs, opinions, and other legal documents.
· Representing the interests of clients or insurer at hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, and other proceedings.
· Communicating with claims representatives.
· Assisting with the investigation and analysis of accidents and potential claims.
· Managing costs to reduce liability.
· Compiling and submitting reports required by company management.
· Coordinating and attending claims reviews.
· Negotiating settlements on behalf clients and insurance carriers.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
· J.D. and proof of admission to the Illinois bar.
· Proven track record of 5 or more years of progressive experience in general liability claims defense in Illinois.
· Working knowledge of legal principles and practices.
· In depth knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
· Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques and legal terminology.
· Microsoft Word experience required; Time Matters legal software experience preferred.
· Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and research skills.
· Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
· Excellent telephone and writing skills.
· Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
· Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well independently.
· Organization, planning, attention to detail, and dependability.
· Firm and client confidentiality required.
If eligible, benefits may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA), Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and 401(k)/Roth retirement plan with company match.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.