Internal Compliance Clerk
- 140 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Hennessy & Roach, P.C. is a law firm defending employers in Workers’ Compensation and defendants in General Liability matters. H&R is based in Chicago with additional offices in Springfield, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Green Bay, Wisconsin; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Indianapolis, Indiana and Omaha, Nebraska. The firm handles matters throughout the States of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas and Wisconsin. Founded by Thomas G. Hennessy and James P. Roach on May 17, 1993, the firm continues to grow.
The Internal Compliance Clerk assists the Internal Compliance Administrator on internal non-legal audit of H&R files, ensuring Hennessy & Roach, P.C. is following client billing guidelines and blue book procedures. This role aids attorneys with billing guidelines and compliance. Assists with the cut time appeals and works to minimize the cut time with third party billing administrators. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Essential Job Functions:
· Internal non-legal audit of H&R Workers’ Compensation and General Liability files.
· Thoroughly understands all client billing guidelines and the blue book procedures to ensure compliance while auditing files.
· Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
· Processes write-offs following Firm policy.
· Reviews and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
· Maintains updates on Firm and Client billing guidelines (online and hard copy) weekly or as changes are made.
· Ensures attorneys know the billing guidelines and blue book rules and follow them.
· Assists with cut time appeals.
· Saves compliance reports for approved invoices to cases.
· Always ensures strict confidentiality.
· Assists with special projects as needed.
· Work closely with the cut time committee on various requested items, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED (or equivalent) required; associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting or business preferred.
· 0-2 year’s billing or accounting experience, preferably in a law firm.
· Time Matters billing software experience preferred.
· Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
· Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, legal assistants, and clients.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Ability to organize workflow and use time efficiently.
· Ability to show strong attention to detail.
· Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
· Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
· Firm and Client Confidentiality required.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA), Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and 401(k)/Roth retirement plan with company match.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.