- 10801 Mastin Blvd Ste 120, Overland Park, KS, United States
Hennessy & Roach, P.C. is a law firm defending employers in Workers’ Compensation and defendants in General Liability matters. H&R is based in Chicago with additional offices in Springfield, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Green Bay, Wisconsin; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Indianapolis, Indiana and Omaha, Nebraska. The firm handles matters throughout the States of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas and Wisconsin. Founded by Thomas G. Hennessy and James P. Roach on May 17, 1993, the firm continues to grow.
Successful law firm seeks a full time Legal Assistant for our Overland Park, KS location. Candidate must possess excellent organizational skills and have comprehensive experience with the legal profession. This position requires a highly motivated, organized professional capable of functioning in a fast-paced, challenging legal environment supporting up to three attorneys. Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Schedule: Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Legal Assistant enhances attorneys’ effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; supporting attorney's trial proceedings. This position will support multiple attorneys with the preparation of documents for worker’s comp defense cases.
Essential Job Functions:
· Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software.
· Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; requesting medical records, filing discovery requests and various court pleadings.
· Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed.
· Transcribing dictation, scheduling depositions and IME’s, maintenance of files, and coordination of court appearances.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Emails coordinator in Chicago regarding office supply orders.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED (or equivalent) required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Paralegal certificate a plus.
· 2+ years of Legal Assistant experience supporting legal office in an administrative capacity.
· Workers’ compensation experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of court rules and procedures.
· Microsoft Word and Outlook experience required; Excel and PowerPoint experience preferred.
· Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
· Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
· Excellent telephone, writing, and proofreading skills.
· Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
· Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently.
· Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, and Dependability.
· Firm and Client Confidentiality required.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA), Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and 401(k)/Roth retirement plan with company match.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.