- 140 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Hennessy & Roach, P.C. is a law firm defending employers in Workers’ Compensation and defendants in General Liability matters. H&R is based in Chicago with additional offices in Springfield, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Indianapolis, Indiana, Omaha, Nebraska, and Overland Park, Kansas. The firm handles matters throughout the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas and Wisconsin. Founded by Thomas G. Hennessy and James P. Roach on May 17, 1993, the firm continues to grow.
Compiling attorney invoices for various Electronic Bill Review systems, specifically converting them to Ledes format and uploading for review and payment approval. The Billing Specialist also performs a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors, clients and Electronic Bill review systems and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Essential Job Functions:
· Uploads attorney invoices in Ledes format to specific electronic bill review systems on a monthly/daily basis.
· Maintains collections of specific electronically billed clients monthly/twice monthly as needed.
· Uploads Quovant invoices into their billing system monthly and as final bills are processed.
· Reviews and verifies accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
· Is familiar with and applies Firm billing guidelines.
· Researches and responds to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
· Processes write-offs following Firm policy.
· Creates and distributes monthly reports.
· Saves collection efforts/emails to cases in TM system.
· Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
· Assists with special projects as needed.
· Training and backup for daily deposits and processing of final bills when necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED (or equivalent) required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
· 1-2 or more year’s hands-on billing/Accounts Receivable experience preferably in a law firm.
· Time Matters billing software experience preferred.
· Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
· Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
· Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently.
· Ability to show strong attention to detail.
· Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
· Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
· Firm and Client Confidentiality required.
Benefits for full time include: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Group and Voluntary Life, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, HSA, FSA, and EAP.
Full time or part time: 401(k)/Roth retirement plan with company match
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.