- 10801 Mastin St, Overland Park, KS 66210, USA
Hennessy & Roach, P.C. is a law firm defending employers in Workers’ Compensation and defendants in General Liability matters. H&R is based in Chicago with additional offices in Springfield, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Indianapolis, Indiana, Omaha, Nebraska, and Overland Park, Kansas. The firm handles matters throughout the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas and Wisconsin. Founded by Thomas G. Hennessy and James P. Roach on May 17, 1993, the firm continues to grow.
Successful law firm in Overland Park, Kansas is seeking a Receptionist to join our team. This position requires a highly motivated, organized professional capable of functioning in a fast-paced, challenging legal environment. This person will be not only be the front-line point of contact but will also be responsible for handling a variety of legal documents, mail, correspondence and ensuring proper routing/message taking procedures for telephone traffic. Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements for confidential consideration.
The Receptionist answers a multi-line switchboard quickly (within 3 rings) and directs calls to their destination without delay and to greet clients and guests visiting the firm as to ensure a positive perception of the client/guest on his or her respective call/visit. This role assists with clerical responsibilities such as docketing, new file opening and saving correspondence into files in Time Matters.
Schedule: Either 8:00 am - 4:00 pm with an hour lunch or 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with an hour lunch.
Essential Job Functions:
· Answer high volume of calls and maintain rapid response rate according to agreed standards, as well as direct calls quickly and accurately, conveying appropriate information to receiver and ensuring caller has positive experience.
· Maintain standards of guest/client experience, including coordination with the clerks on conference room presentation (stocking, cleanliness, etc.) ensuring a clean and orderly reception area including desk, as well as professional interaction and attire with guests/clients.
· Communicate and liaise with appropriate parties regarding deliveries, arrivals, calls, and requests to enhance efficiencies of operations. (i.e. coordinating deliveries of office supplies or packages in a timely manner)
· Open and docket mail.
· Print file labels.
· Save emails for each attorney in Time Matter document management software.
· Specific tasks/projects as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED (or equivalent) required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 2+ years of Receptionist or Administrative Assistant experience supporting a law or corporate office.
· Microsoft Office Suite Word and Outlook experience required; Excel and PowerPoint experience preferred.
· Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
· Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
· Excellent telephone, verbal and writing skills.
· Must be self-motivated.
· Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently.
· Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, and Dependability.
· Firm and Client Confidentiality required.
Benefits for full time include: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Group and Voluntary Life, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, HSA, FSA, and EAP.
Full time or part time: 401(k)/Roth retirement plan with company match
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.