Service Advisor - Ford/Lincoln
- Chamblee, GA
Hennessy Automobile Companies represents eleven brands in ten locations in Metro Atlanta. Since opening our doors in 1964, we have worked diligently to create an optimal work environment for all of our employees. Our facilities are top-notch and we strive to provide state of the art technology to all of our employees.
Hennessy provides a supportive atmosphere that allows employees to grow their experience into a life-long career. With a positive attitude and dedication, the growth opportunities are endless. We are the leader in luxury vehicle sales and service in Metro Atlanta and strive to employ individuals who are committed to delivering the most enjoyable customer experience possible.
Summary: Liaison between customer and technician through automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and service requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares repair orders by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered as well as repairs and services required; obtains approval signatures and enters repair orders into the dealership management system correctly and promptly.
- Acknowledges automotive problems and services needed by listening to the customer’s description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting vehicle inspection with the customer; taking test drives when needed; checking vehicle maintenance records; answering service calls and scheduling appointments.
- Establishes and maintains customer relations by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicles; obtaining customer’s approval of estimates and repairs; recording contact information; answering questions and concerns that arise; arranging towing and temporary transportation as needed.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions in detail to customers.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies and labor; calculating customer’s payment, including deductibles.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs in the dealership management system.
- Updates job and product knowledge as required by Hennessy or manufacturer.
- Communicates professionally and provides updates on customer repairs as needed to Service Technicians and the parts department.
- All other duties assigned.
At least 1 year of experience as service advisor in a dealership setting is required.
ADP experience is strongly preferred.
Must submit to and successfully pass a background, MVR, and drug screening.
Strong customer service skills are a must.
Must be able to communicate professionally in person, over the phone, and online with both customers and co-workers.
Ability to work as a part of a team is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.