Editor & Thought Leadership Manager
- Department: Staffing
- Anticipated Hours per Week: 20
- Work Setup: Remote
Who is HelloKindred?
HelloKindred are specialists in staffing marketing, creative and technology roles, offering a range of talent solutions that can be delivered on-site, remotely or hybrid.
Our vision is to make work accessible and people’s lives better. We do this by disrupting traditional employment barriers – connecting ambitious talent to flexible opportunities with trusted brands.
Our client in the business technology consulting industry is looking for an Editor & Thought Leadership Manager to join their team. The Editor & Thought Leadership Manager will be responsible for driving the global content strategy and thought leadership agenda to build awareness and engagement with key audiences in support of global marketing and business priorities. In this role, the Editor & Thought Leadership Manager will set the overall content and thought leadership strategy, oversee the end-to-end content creation process for all strategic deliverables, ensuring consistently high quality that aligns with the organization’s brand and tone of voice. Further, this role will serve as a specialist and Lead Writer for larger research, reports and content supporting the CEO and key executives.
This role reports directly to the Global Head of Corporate Communications and Brand and works in close collaboration with key content stakeholders in marketing and across the organization.
What you will do:
Content and Thought Leadership strategy
- Partnering with Brand & Content team to develop the organization’s content strategy and bringing this to life through core content and executive thought leadership.
- Set a thought leadership agenda developed based on real market insight, with investment in research-based content, and co-creation with clients and partner organizations.
- Oversight across all marketing content that is being created – from brand and thought leadership, to proposition content, to client stories on the website.
- Running the Editorial Council (steering committee for content) with internal SMEs, but also analysts and clients.
CEO and Executive Thought Leadership
- In partnership with the Content and Communications teams, work closely with the CEO and other Executive Leaders to develop and execute thought leadership aligned with global content strategy.
- Collaborate with External Communications team to identify and secure relevant media opportunities and execute an effective channel strategy that builds their reputation as an industry expert and strengthens the organization’s market leader status.
- Write and edit key executive content – including blogs, bylines, speeches, points of view and social media content – aligned to strategic focus areas and promoted externally to clients, media, industry analyst, etc.
Editorial reviews and writing support
- Oversee the quality of content in production and ensure key deliverables meet published deadlines.
- Provide expert writing review and oversight of all content, to ensure a high bar of quality for everything produced, as well as consistency in tone and message.
- Review, QA and copyedit external-facing marketing content (including thought leadership, guides, web copy, client stories, blog posts, etc.); edit for messaging, storyline, flow, tone of voice, grammar, style, consistency, etc.; provide feedback to requestor.
- Maintain a backlog of content for review and approval.
- Skills development: Provide guidance and tutorials for marketing content creators to ensure they are trained in the organization’s way of writing and to improve their writing skills.
- Oversee and manage a pool of Writers (full time, free-lance and contractor) to help execute with the highest quality standards a number of key writing projects and deliverables: i.e. corporate citizenship and responsible business report, brand campaign narrative and supporting content, articles and bylines
Lead Specialist Writer
- Serve as Lead Writer for larger research reports and pieces of content such as Thought Leadership hero reports and Responsible Business Annual Report, along with co-creation projects with alliance partners, emerging tech startups and major media partners.
- Take ownership of .com content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- Advanced degree preferable (but not required).
- 15+ years’ experience in Integrated Marketing and Communications.
- 8+ years experience focused on content, content strategy, content creation, writing and thought leadership.
- Advanced writing/copy writing and editorial skills and experience.
- Deep understanding of the technology landscape/industry and the organization’s position in it.
- Ability to translate complex technology and business messages into highly relevant, timely and interesting content that is in demand by clients, industry experts and media publications.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a globally dispersed team.
- Ability to juggle multiple programs/projects simultaneously.
- Extensive experience working with, presenting to and advising C-Suite executives on key messaging and narratives.
- Ability to work in pressurized situations and deliver under tight timelines.
- Strong project/program management skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations and ability to solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
Please submit relevant writing samples and/or a link to your portfolio along with your application/resume.
Candidates must be legally authorized to live and work in the country the position is based in, without requiring sponsorship.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
HelloKindred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.