Video Editor/Motion Designer
- Department: Staffing
- Anticipated Hours per Week: 40
- Work Setup: Hybrid
Who is HelloKindred?
HelloKindred are specialists in staffing marketing, creative and technology roles, offering a range of talent solutions that can be delivered on-site, remotely or hybrid.
Our vision is to make work accessible and people’s lives better. We do this by disrupting traditional employment barriers – connecting ambitious talent to flexible opportunities with trusted brands.
Anticipated Contract Length/End Date: 6 months with potential to extend
Our client in the technology industry is seeking a Video Editor/Motion Designer to create and edit video content for broadcast, web, and social media. The role will involve collaborating with producers and directors to ensure creative vision is achieved, and managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
What you will do:
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Take a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to the post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and the industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut).
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
Candidates must be legally authorized to live and work in the country the position is based in, without requiring sponsorship.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
HelloKindred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.