Mid-weight Graphic Designer
- Department: External Placement
- Anticipated Hours per Week: 40
- Work Setup: Hybrid
Who is HelloKindred?
HelloKindred are specialists in staffing marketing, creative and technology roles, offering a range of talent solutions that can be delivered on-site, remotely or hybrid.
Our vision is to make work accessible and people’s lives better. We do this by disrupting traditional employment barriers – connecting ambitious talent to flexible opportunities with trusted brands.
Location: Open to Johannesburg, South Africa – Hybrid (but mostly in office)
Our client, a strategic design, brand and concept agency is seeking a skilled Mid-weight Graphic Designer to collaborate with a senior Creative as a vital team member and, in some instances, work independently on various projects. This role will involve implementing the Creative Director's instructions and actively contributing to the project's overall success. Proficiency in typography, layout, animation and art direction will be essential in ensuring the team delivers exceptional work.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, approachable and a driven Mid-weight Designer who possesses a genuine passion for brands and branding to become a valuable addition to the organisation’s team. They will have the opportunity to closely collaborate with the Creative Director, Senior Designers and Account Managers, working on a diverse portfolio of exciting clients.
- The ability to create fresh, smart and engaging concepts for brand identity, print and digital applications.
- Develop, apply and expand designs with the Creative team.
- Assist team members with their projects and demonstrate flexibility and willingness to get the job done.
- Take design concept through to finished art stage for print, digital or environmental production.
- Tackle any project – No job is too big or too small.
- Recognised qualifications (minimum 3 years of full-time study).
- 4+ years agency experience.
- Proactive, friendly, with a positive attitude.
- Strong typographic and layout skills with the ability to quickly visualise your ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to work on a range of different projects with different clients.
- The ability to think and implement ideas quickly.
- Good communication skills are essential, both verbal and visual.
- Sound working knowledge of digital/web applications.
- Basic animation skills are a favourable bonus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organised with good time and project management skills and the ability to work on a number of projects concurrently.
- An understanding of brand strategy and writing.
- Conceptual thinking and a commitment to creative excellence.
- An eye for detail.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to grow.
- Communication is a big part of the job, ability to contribute to the entire creative process with confidence is crucial. Keeping abreast with current trends is also key when learning to develop your skills and train your eye.
Please submit a portfolio along with your application (resume).
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally authorized to live and work in the country the position is based in, without requiring sponsorship.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
HelloKindred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.