Junior Graphic Designer
- Department: External Placement
- Anticipated Hours per Week: 40
- Work Setup: Hybrid
Who is HelloKindred?
HelloKindred are specialists in staffing marketing, creative and technology roles, offering a range of talent solutions that can be delivered on-site, remotely or hybrid.
Our vision is to make work accessible and people’s lives better. We do this by disrupting traditional employment barriers – connecting ambitious talent to flexible opportunities with trusted brands.
Location: Open to Johannesburg, South Africa – Hybrid (but mostly in office)
Our client, a strategic design, brand and concept agency is seeking a dedicated junior Graphic Designer to work alongside a senior Creative as a team member and in some cases, on their own on a range of projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping execute the instructions from the Creative Director on projects and contribute towards the overall success of the job. An understanding of typography, layout, animation and art direction will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible.
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas.
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media.
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback.
- Liaising effectively with other team members.
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects.
- Meeting deadlines and delivering work of a high-quality level.
- In most cases, the junior Designer will work on multiple concurrent jobs.
- If time pressures arise, the junior Designer will be expected to support the Creative team and put in the necessary effort to meet the deadlines.
- Completion of time sheets and logging of time spent on each job is mandatory.
- Occasional exposure and involvement with photoshoots, sound recordings, interior space visits and activation.
- Recognised qualifications (minimum 3 years of full-time study).
- 2+ years agency experience.
- Proactive, friendly, with a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adeptness with leading design software packages.
- A determination to achieve and succeed.
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production.
- Consistency regardless of project size.
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team.
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards.
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
- A good knowledge of the following tools is required:
- After Effects is a bonus
- Communication is a big part of the job, ability to contribute to the entire creative process with confidence is crucial. Keeping abreast with current trends is also key when learning to develop your skills and train your eye.
Please submit a portfolio along with your application (resume).
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally authorized to live and work in the country the position is based in, without requiring sponsorship.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
HelloKindred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.