Medior Backend Software Developer
Helin contributes to improving the efficiency and safety of remote operations. Moreover, we help putting industrial companies in charge of their analytics by developing innovative edge analytics solutions. We love solving complex technical puzzles and have empathy for all the stakeholders involved.
Helin has a strong focus on 24/7 and/or remote operations within rapidly innovating industries such as the (renewable) energy sector. Examples of our clients are solar and offshore wind & marine companies. We combine domain knowledge, clever programming and thoughtful deployment throughout the whole process.
As Medior Backend Software Developer it is your responsibility to successfully realize innovative data storage & analytics software and CI/CD projects within our software development team. This means amongst other things:
- Translating client requirements into working software code for data systems and environments;
- Devising, developing and achieving innovations in the area of edge to cloud data processing and storage tools and integrations for large international clients;
- Co-developing (innovative) technical solutions with colleagues and clients in the area of edge to cloud real time data systems, IT network systems and machine learning for remote operations;
- Reviewing code developed by your colleagues and coaching them to create better code;
- Developing, testing and maintaining software code.
Helin consists of people with backgrounds in aerospace engineering, energy industry, renewables and the academic world. This makes us curious to understand exactly how things work and how they can be improved. We love to propose better alternatives in a constructive way. This requires empathy about existing bottlenecks, curiosity about domain knowledge, analytical problem solving skills and expertise in data analytics and software development.
We highly value an inquisitive mindset and eagerness to learn. To feel successful within our fast-growing scale-up environment you will need to be comfortable asking questions in order to acquire more in depth knowledge.
The following suits you:
- Prepare integration tests and end-to-end tests
- Integrating independently automating tests using Azure CI/CD Pipelines in Azure DevOps
- Testing distributed cloud-based and Docker-based applications
- Experience with software development (Python, .Net Core in combination with C#) is a plus
- Experience with tests that include hardware (RevPi and PLC’s) is a plus.
- It’s an advantage to have affinity with industrial standards and protocols such as OPX and Modbus used for our communication.
Do you recognize yourself in this job description and do you get excited about its challenges? Then, you are the person we are looking for! Please respond directly, either in English or in Dutch.
For more information about Helin, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.helindata.com, call the recruitment department on +31 880 185 185!
Please note, that only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening form part of the recruitment process.
Helin does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Helin.