Junior Backend Software Developer
Helin: Pioneering a Smarter, More Sustainable Future
At Helin, we are relentlessly focused on unlocking the full potential of industrial assets, transcending industry norms, and powering 'smart', efficient, and sustainable industrial assets. Our technology harnesses the power of AI to drive a data-driven revolution, transforming static assets such as solar panels, cranes, and vessels into high-performing powerhouses.
Our team is armed with expertise in advanced analytics and edge computing. We excel at solving complex technical puzzles and are proudly at the forefront of deploying innovative edge analytics solutions as a service worldwide. Our platform, Polaris, delivers efficiency and safety in operations, creating billions in savings for the marine and energy sectors.
Join our fast-growing Dutch scale-up and be part of our quest to shape a smarter, more sustainable world. If our mission resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you.
As Junior Backend Software Developer it is your responsibility to successfully realize innovative data storage & analytics software and CI/CD projects within our software development team. This means amongst other things:
- Translating client requirements into working software code for data systems and environments;
- Devising, developing and achieving innovations in the area of edge to cloud data processing and storage tools and integrations for large international clients;
- Co-developing (innovative) technical solutions with colleagues and clients in the area of edge to cloud real time data systems, IT network systems and machine learning for remote operations;
- Developing, testing and maintaining software code.
You have strong strategic and conceptual skills and proven experience backend software development projects in all project stages, from development, test up to production software projects within the real time data Industry. The following suits you:
- You can work independently as part of a team and in a structured way; you ask your colleagues to help; you dare to make mistakes and to learn from them;
- You have knowledge on analytics products and platforms; knowledge in TimescaleDB system is a strong plus point; if you are not an expert, you are planning to become one;
- You have at least 1 year of proven experience in and knowledge of Python and/or SQL; NoSQL is a plus;
- Experiences with C++, Dotnet Core, PostgreSQL, Timescale DB, Grafana and writing APIs using Swagger is a plus;
- Your knowledge and experience with Azure DevOps or any other CI/CD pipeline tools is a plus
- You have experience with any of the following architecture components: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, YAML, Confluent and Azure Cloud platform or the willingness to learn
- You have affinity with Angular, Java Script and Cloud platforms; experience in Linux is a plus;
- You have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a technical study with a passion to solve puzzles. At least 1 year of experience in software development is a plus.
- Experience in a fast-scaling company is a strong plus.
At Helin, you’ll have the unique opportunity to shape a rapidly-growing company in an exciting field. You'll be an integral part of our leadership team, shaping the future of our company while working with a team of passionate, driven professionals. We believe in collaborative growth, learning from our customers, co-creating our product, and challenging the status quo. Our environment fosters trust in the process, embraces failures as stepping stones, and strives for sustainable and scalable success.
In addition, we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- An equity plan.
- Ample training opportunities.
- International environment.
- An environment that values kindness, teamwork, and innovation.
We're excited to hear from you and see how you can drive our company's growth as our new Junior Backend Software Developer. Apply today and let's shape a smarter, more sustainable future together.
Click at I’m interested and send us your cv and a brief motivation letter. Your contact person for this vacancy is José Herstel If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to email or call us at +31 (0)6 196 862 91
Please note, that only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.