Field service engineer
- Patrijsweg 48, Rijswijk, Netherlands
Helin contributes to improving the efficiency and safety of remote operations. We excel in doing that as we enjoy solving complex technical puzzles. We combine our analytical way of problem solving with empathy for all the stakeholders and business needs. Our expertise in advanced analytics and edge computing is a tool to develop innovative edge analytics solutions.
Helin has a strong focus on 24/7 and remote operations. These include industries like offshore wind & marine, equipment rental, agriculture, process industry. Their operations impose high-end requirements to the performance of analytics and monitoring. Our systems are deployed world-wide and often at remote locations. We combine domain knowledge, clever programming and thoughtful deployment throughout the whole process.
We have backgrounds in aerospace engineering, energy industry, computer sciences, renewables and the academic world. This makes us curious to understand exactly how things work and how they can be improved. We love to propose better alternatives in a constructive way. This requires empathy about existing bottlenecks, curiosity about domain knowledge, analytical problem solving skills and expertise in data analytics and software development. And some politics.
If these aspects excite you, we’d love to talk to you!
As a Field Engineer, you are responsible for independently building, configuring and testing cabinets and systems in the (offshore) field of industrial controllers / PLCs, edge computing and CCTV. You will work closely together with our electrical engineers, software developers and data analysts to find the optimal solution for our clients and to maintain our internal testing facilities.
You will be responsible for the building, installation and commissioning of Helin’s systems all over the world. During offshore & onshore site visits you will critically assess the feasibilities and opportunities of the projects. This means amongst other things:
- Performing site visits to customers onshore and offshore to assess project feasibility
- Installation and commissioning systems and projects offshore
- Building and maintaining our internal testing facilities
- Professionally provide (remote) support to clients/end-users
- Critically checking technical drawings and documents
- Setting up and executing internal testing procedures
- Supporting colleagues in the sales, engineering and project management departments to develop and deliver the best option for our customers
In addition to the activities that directly relate to building systems, we are looking for an “all-rounder” employee who also wants to take on the following activities:
- Acting as a full owner of our test equipment
- Proactively supporting our software development teams
- Procurement of components
Experience with ATEX / IECEx regulations is a plus. BOSIET certification is a plus.
For a permanent addition to our close-knit team, we are looking for someone who wants to work with us on a successful future for our company.
- Are you critical of your own results and do you work independently?
- Curious and do you want to be able and know more tomorrow than today?
- Do you have extensive experience as a mechanic or panel builder?
- Do you want to solve tomorrow's problems today?
- Do you want to be part of a winning team?
- Do you comfortably speak English?
- Are you available full time?
- Do you like (technical) challenges in a rapidly changing and international environment?
- Do you like to travel and visit our clients worldwide and offshore?
- Do you want to be fully responsible for your executing and shaping your work and working environment?
Do you recognize yourself in this job description and do you get excited about its challenges? Then, you are the team member we are looking for! Please respond directly, either in English or in Dutch.
For more information about Helin, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.helindata.com, call the recruitment department on +31 880 185 185!
Please note, that only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening form part of the recruitment process.
Helin does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Helin.