Technical Sales Engineer
Helin contributes to improving the efficiency and safety of remote operations. We excel in doing that as we enjoy solving complex technical puzzles. We combine our analytical way of problem solving with empathy for all the stakeholders and business needs. Our expertise in advanced analytics and edge computing is a tool to develop innovative edge analytics solutions.
Helin has a strong focus on 24/7 and/or remote operations. These include industries like offshore wind & marine, equipment rental, agriculture, process industry. Their operations impose high-end requirements to the performance of analytics and monitoring. Our systems are deployed world-wide and often at remote locations. We combine domain knowledge, clever programming and thoughtful deployment throughout the whole process.
We have backgrounds in aerospace engineering, energy industry, renewables and the academic world. This makes us curious to understand exactly how things work and how they can be improved. We love to propose better alternatives in a constructive way. This requires empathy about existing bottlenecks, curiosity about domain knowledge, analytical problem solving skills and expertise in data analytics and software development. And some politics. If these aspects excite you, we’d love to talk to you!
As Technical Sales Engineer you work closely with both the sales team and technical development team. It is your responsibility to transform technical challenges into commercial orders and commercial challenges into clear technical requirements. This means amongst other things:
- Visiting (potential) clients in the Netherlands, USA, Middle East and Asia to conduct technical and commercial discussions with them;
- Co-devising with colleagues and clients (innovative) technical solutions in the areas of data- & vision analytics, CCTV, IT network systems and edge data management solutions;
- Maintaining technical and commercial relationships with our clients, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining/developing long-term relationships;
- Making commercial offers for technically complex data analytics solutions;
- Following up client contacts, giving demonstration and providing follow up;
- Standardizing & templating commercial and operational processes and procedures to enable future growth and delegating work to team members;
- Expanding business with current accounts and guiding the commercial aspects of a project within the project team.
For a permanent addition to our ambitious and close-knit team, we are looking for someone who wants to work with us on growing and developing our company.
You have strong strategic and conceptual skills and proven experience business development, project management and/or product owner roles in all project stages, from introductory meetings with potential clients, working with development teams to realize the offered features to successful delivery of the ordered software solution within the real-time data Industry.
The following suits you:
- You have the courage to guide customers towards realistic solutions that will improve their operation;
- You are a great communicator, able to structure your technical message in a clear way to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- You are fluent in English written and spoken;
- You have experience in commercial and project leading roles;
- You can work independently as part of a team and in a structured way; you ask your colleagues to help; you dare to make mistakes and to learn from them;
- You have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a technical study with a passion to solve puzzles. At least 1 year of experience in business development is a plus.
Do you recognize yourself in this position and do you get excited about its challenges? Then, you are the Technical Sales Engineer we are looking for! Please respond directly, either in English or in Dutch.
For more information about Helin, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.helindata.com, call the recruitment department on +31 880 185185.
Please note, that only candidates with a valid permanent EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening form may be part of the recruitment process.
Helin does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.