- Patrijsweg 48, 2289 EX Rijswijk, Netherlands
Helin contributes to improving the efficiency and safety of remote operations. We excel in doing that as we enjoy solving complex technical puzzles. We combine our analytical way of problem solving with empathy for all the stakeholders and business needs. Our expertise in advanced analytics and edge computing is a tool to develop innovative edge analytics solutions.
Helin has a strong focus on 24/7 and/or remote operations. These include industries like offshore wind & marine, equipment rental, agriculture, process industry. Their operations impose high-end requirements to the performance of analytics and monitoring. Our systems are deployed world-wide and often at remote locations. We combine domain knowledge, clever programming and thoughtful deployment throughout the whole process.
We have backgrounds in aerospace engineering, energy industry, renewables and the academic world. This makes us curious to understand exactly how things work and how they can be improved. We love to propose better alternatives in a constructive way. This requires empathy about existing bottlenecks, curiosity about domain knowledge, analytical problem solving skills and expertise in data analytics and software development. And some politics. If these aspects excite you, we’d love to talk to you!
As Data Engineer it is your responsibility to successfully realize innovative data analytics and machine learning projects within our data analysis team. This means amongst other things:
- Translating client requirements into functional designs for data systems and environments;
- Devising, developing and achieving innovations in the area of data analytics and machine learning for large international clients;
- Supporting the sales team in making commercial proposals for data analytics projects;
- Guiding data technical aspects of a project with engineering and technical project team colleagues;
- Managing and delivering Data Analysis projects independently, sometimes at the client’s location;
- Co-developing (innovative) technical solutions with colleagues and clients in the area of edge data analytics, IT network systems and machine learning for remote operations.
- Ensuring that both customers, suppliers and colleagues are satisfied and informed of your progress.
For a permanent addition to our ambitious and close-knit team, we are looking for someone who wants to work with us on growing and developing our company.
You have strong strategic and conceptual skills and proven experience with managing multidisciplinary projects in all project stages. Preferably within the offshore wind & marine, equipment rental, agriculture and/or process industry.
The following suits you:
- You have the courage to take our customers by the hand to find realistic solutions that make their operations better;
- You work independently and in a structured way; you dare to make mistakes and to learn from them;
- You have knowledge on analytics products and platforms; knowledge in PostgreSQL TimescaleDB is a strong plus point; if you are not an expert, you are planning to become one;
- You have at least 1 year of proven experience in and knowledge of Python and/or SQL; NoSQL is a plus;
- Experience in Big Data technologies such as Apache Spark, Databrick, Confluent Kafka and/or Hortonworks is a plus;
- You have affinity with Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud platforms; experience in Linux is a plus;
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a technical university with a passion to solve technical puzzles;
- You are available fulltime and prepared to travel abroad from time to time for short (1-2 weeks) client visits.
Do you recognize yourself in this job description and do you get excited about its challenges? Then, you are the Data Engineer we are looking for! Please respond directly, either in English or in Dutch.
For more information about Helin, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.helindata.com, call the recruitment department on +31 880 185 185!
Please note, that only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening form part of the recruitment process.
Helin does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Helin.