- Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indië 123, 2593 BM Den Haag, Netherlands
Helin contributes to improving the efficiency and safety of remote operations. We excel in doing that as we enjoy solving complex technical puzzles. We combine our analytical way of problem solving with empathy for all the stakeholders and business needs. Our expertise in advanced analytics and edge computing is a tool to develop innovative edge analytics solutions.
Helin has a strong focus on 24/7 and/or remote operations. These include industries like offshore wind & marine, equipment rental, agriculture, process industry. Their operations impose high-end requirements to the performance of analytics and monitoring. Our systems are deployed world-wide and often at remote locations. We combine domain knowledge, clever programming and thoughtful deployment throughout the whole process.
We have backgrounds in aerospace engineering, energy industry, renewables and the academic world. This makes us curious to understand exactly how things work and how they can be improved. We love to propose better alternatives in a constructive way. This requires empathy about existing bottlenecks, curiosity about domain knowledge, analytical problem solving skills and expertise in data analytics and software development. And some politics. If these aspects excite you, we’d love to talk to you!
As an Automation Engineer it is your responsibility to successfully realize state of the art connection with different PLC systems, SCADA solutions and historians and connections to our Polaris platform or third party solutions. This means amongst other things:
- Translating client requirements into robust and reliable configurations and automation architecture;
- Within the delivery organization to ensure effective transition, shape services and determine appropriate service delivery;
- Working together with our software development team to develop new solutions and features of our Polaris edge platform;
- Performing (security) audits on existing automation systems and advising our clients to improve performance and security;
- Work with the sales team to standardize Helin’s technology with value added integrated services;
- Developing, testing, roll-out, monitoring and maintaining historian systems and connected services.
For a permanent addition to our ambitious and close-knit team, we are looking for someone who wants to work with us on growing and developing our company.
You have strong strategic and conceptual skills and proven experience in setting up, maintaining, upgrading, monitoring and servicing various automation systems
The following suits you:
- You have the courage to take our customers by the hand to find realistic solutions that make their operations better;
- You work independently and in a structured way; you dare to make mistakes and to learn from them; you coach your colleagues and let them learn from your mistakes as well;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with different PLC, automation and/or SCADA systems
- You have knowledge on different ways to connect OT and IT systems using OPC UA, OPC DA, Modbus or other connection methods;
- Must have experience in server setup, configuration and other industry-specific protocol/interfaces and network infrastructure;
- Must have SCADA/DCS-historian integration experience;
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as Python or C is a plus;
- Application development experience and third party applications integration is a plus;
- Experience with OSIsoft PI and/or Wonderware is a plus;
- You have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a technical study with and at least 7 year of experience in software development or a Master’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in control automation or SCADA systems.
Do you recognize yourself in this job description and do you get excited about its challenges? Then you are the Automation Engineer we are looking for! Please respond directly, either in English or in Dutch.
For more information about Helin, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.helindata.com, call the recruitment department on +31 880 185 185!
Please note, that only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening form part of the recruitment process.
Helin does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Helin.