Senior Backend Software Developer
- Patrijsweg 48, 2289 EX Rijswijk, Netherlands
Helin contributes to improving the efficiency and safety of remote operations. We excel in doing that as we enjoy solving complex technical puzzles. We combine our analytical way of problem solving with empathy for all the stakeholders and business needs. Our expertise in advanced analytics and edge computing is a tool to develop innovative edge analytics solutions.
Helin has a strong focus on 24/7 and/or remote operations. These include industries like offshore wind & marine, equipment rental, agriculture, process industry. Their operations impose high-end requirements to the performance of analytics and monitoring. Our systems are deployed world-wide and often at remote locations. We combine domain knowledge, clever programming and thoughtful deployment throughout the whole process.
We have backgrounds in aerospace engineering, energy industry, renewables and the academic world. This makes us curious to understand exactly how things work and how they can be improved. We love to propose better alternatives in a constructive way. This requires empathy about existing bottlenecks, curiosity about domain knowledge, analytical problem solving skills and expertise in data analytics and software development. And some politics. If these aspects excite you, we’d love to talk to you!
As a senior software backend developer it is your responsibility to successfully realize innovative data storage & analytics software and CI/CD projects within our software development team. This means amongst other things:
- Translating client requirements into working software code for data systems and environments;
- Devising, developing and achieving innovations in the area of edge to cloud data processing, storage tools and integrations for large international clients;
- Co-developing (innovative) technical solutions with colleagues and clients in the area of edge to cloud real time data systems, IT network systems and machine learning for remote operations;
- Reviewing code developed by your international colleagues and coaching them to create better code;
- Developing, testing and maintaining software code.
For a permanent addition to our ambitious and close-knit team, we are looking for someone who wants to work with us on growing and developing our company.
You have strong strategic and conceptual skills and proven experience with backend software development projects in all project stages, from development/test to production software delivery within the real time data Industry.
The following suits you:
- You have the courage to take our customers by the hand to find realistic solutions that make their operations better;
- You work independently and in a structured way; you dare to make mistakes and to learn from them; you coach your colleagues and let them learn from your mistakes as well;
- You have knowledge on analytics products and platforms; if you are not an expert, you are planning to become one;
- You have at least 8 year of proven experience in working in a professional software development team using scrum/agile methodology and tools like Azure DevOps and CI/CD pipelines;
- You have experience in and knowledge of C++ and/or Python;
- Knowledge in PostgreSQL and TimescaleDB system is a strong plus point
- Experiences with C++, C#, Dotnet Core, Grafana and writing APIs using Swagger or GraphQL is a plus;
- You have experience with any of the following micro services architecture components: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, YAML, and Confluent or the ability to learn them fast
- You have affinity with Azure or other Cloud platforms; experience in Linux is a plus;
- You have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a technical study with and at least 9 year of experience in software development or a Master’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in software development.
Do you recognize yourself in this job description and do you get excited about its challenges? Then, you are the Senior Backend Developer we are looking for! Please respond directly, either in English or in Dutch.
For more information about Helin, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.helindata.com, call the recruitment department on +31 880 185 185!
Please note, that only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening form part of the recruitment process.
Helin does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Helin.