- N/A, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
HealthyHealth: A New Standard for Life and Health Insurance Underwriting
Be part of the Tech and Data transformation of an entire sector from its core. We need you to help scale up a pioneer and write history.
The HealthyHealth model uses data to calculate the risk of diagnosis for over 800 conditions, along with Extra Mortalities and Morbidities. This can be used to save applicants hours filling out long insurer questionnaires or visiting the doctor, and disrupting the traditional underwriting process for the benefit of the early adopters.
- Founded 2017
- Scaling up
- Raised ~£3m
- Named one of Forbes’ “20 Tech-For-Social-Good Startups To Watch” In 2020
- 15 -> 45 Employees
- 5 -> 10 Developers
- Big data & analytics - HealthTech - InsurTech
You will help us revolutionise this industry with a range of clients and partners from small to top-tier Insurers, re-insurers, and MGAs in Europe and APAC.
We are looking for Software Engineer based in Hong Kong, who would love to be part of our growing company and make help our team to make the APIs even better and more performant. Because our Software Engineering team is located in Europe, you will be provided an opportunity to work with us for a couple of months locally in England, in order to meet our team and learn more about our projects. After that, you will be expected to work from Hong Kong in order to be close to our clients, where you will occasionally be asked to provide technical support together with other members of our local team.
You will be working on our backend projects written in Python. They include client-facing APIs that provide various services that enable easy-to-use integration with our clients. We also use these APIs in our mobile and web applications. You will be also improving our scheduled jobs that our Data Science team needs. In order to handle these complex and challenging problems, our Tech Lead and Product Manager will be working closely with you in order to shape together our features and technical solutions. Because we don't believe in the principle of "Ivory tower of architecture", you will be able to influence our technical solution by improving architecture and technologies together with the rest of the team.
Responsibilities will include, not be limited to:
- Write well-designed, testable and secure code
- Design and implement features of our services for both internal and external clients
- Document and maintain backend functionality (API, jobs, ...)
- Maintain solid test coverage and work closely with QA Engineers
- Deploy our services to AWS together with Devops Engineers
- Provide technical help to our clients based in APAC area (not more than 10% of your time)
- Strong Python3 knowledge essential
- Experience with backend Python frameworks (ideally flask, aiohttp)
- Experience with test-driven development (ideally unittest or pytest)
- Working with Git (ideally Gitlab) with CI/CD experience
- Nice to have: Docker, AWS, Pryv, Twillio
- Small, autonomous, multi-cultural teams of 3 to 5
- Learning and development opportunities
- No micro-management
- Remote working and adjustable schedule possible
- 2 annual company trips abroad (once restrictions allow)
- International visibility
- Company laptop
- Access to the Founders Factory and Plug and Play community
- 20 days vacation + Bank Holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.