- United Kingdom, London, England, United Kingdom
HealthyHealth: A New Standard for Life and Health Insurance Underwriting
Be part of the Tech and Data transformation of an entire sector from its core. We need you to help scale up a pioneer and write history.
The HealthyHealth model uses data to calculate the risk of diagnosis for over 800 conditions, along with Extra Mortalities and Morbidities.This can be used to save applicants hours filling out long insurer questionnaires or visiting the doctor, and disrupting the traditional underwriting process for the benefit of the early adopters.
- Founded 2017
- Scaling up
- Raised ~£3m
- Named one of Forbes’ “20 Tech-For-Social-Good Startups To Watch” In 2020
- 15 -> 45 Employees
- 5 -> 10 Developers
- Big data & analytics - HealthTech - InsurTech
You will help us revolutionise this industry with a range of clients and partners from small to top-tier Insurers, re-insurers, and MGAs in Europe and APAC.
We are looking for our first Technical Lead to help us scale our products and platform worldwide, while also building and nurturing the culture of our Software Engineering team. Our services consist of a cloud-hosted API that is being used by our clients and our mobile and web applications. We are looking for a person with a strong technical background, who knows and loves programming and wants to help our team to grow and improve our solutions.
You will be working on a daily basis with both on-shore and off-shore teams. That includes not only Software Engineering and Data Science team, but also working with product and business stakeholders. You will need to clearly communicate your technical solutions to various stakeholders, including potentially our clients during technical due-diligence with their engineering.
Your major focus will be on working with the team on technical improvements, security and scaling. You will also be the go-to person for the technical knowledge needed by our clients, so you might occasionally be required to join technical sales meetings with the CTO.
Responsibilities will include, not be limited to:
- Own key technological and architecture decisions and work closely with CTO on strategic decisions
- Work closely with Product Owner and business to provide the best solution for our client's needs while being on schedule
- Keep improving efficiency, security and scalability of our services by providing technical guidance to the team and verify your ideas by creating prototypes
- Be strong advocate of clean architecture, well-written code and good test coverage
- Identify potential risks in our services and address them together with the team
- Deploy services and maintain CI/CD together with devops and engineers
- Improve development practices and culture of Software Engineers and QA together with CTO
- Help us to communicate with clients efficiently by providing detailed internal knowledge of our technical solutions
- Experience working as Technical Lead (2+ years)
- Solid English and clear communication skills
- Solid backend programming language experience (ideally Python)
- Proven experience with designing, implementing and maintaining cloud-hosted REST API solutions
- Have a solid understanding of AWS cloud components
- Be hungry to learn new frameworks, tools and technologies around cloud computing, programming, etc.
- Optionally have experience with creating mobile and web applications (ideally React and React Native)
- You should have good knowledge of Docker (with Kubernetes) and serverless technologies and know when to use them and when not to.
- Have experience with using and bootstrapping automation frameworks to help QA automate their work
- Small, autonomous, multi-cultural teams of 3 to 5
- Learning and development opportunities
- No micro-management
- Remote working and adjustable schedule possible
- 2 annual company trips abroad (once restrictions allow)
- International visibility
- Company laptop
- Access to the Founders Factory and Plug and Play community
- 28 days vacation + Bank Holidays
- London central office
- Salary- £70-£90k
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.