- 14 Dufferin St, London EC1Y 8PD, UK
- Employees can work remotely
HealthyHealth: A New Standard for Life and Health Insurance Underwriting
Be part of the Tech and Data transformation of an entire sector from its core. We need you to help scale up a pioneer and write history.
The HealthyHealth model uses data to calculate the risk of diagnosis for over 800 conditions, along with Extra Mortalities and Morbidities. This can be used to save applicants hours filling out long insurer questionnaires or visiting the doctor, and disrupting the traditional underwriting process for the benefit of the early adopters.
- Founded 2017
- Scaling up
- Raised ~£3m
- Named one of Forbes’ “20 Tech-For-Social-Good Startups To Watch” In 2020
- 15 -> 45 Employees
- 5 -> 10 Developers
- Big data & analytics - HealthTech - InsurTech
You will help us revolutionise this industry with a range of clients and partners from small to top-tier Insurers, re-insurers, and MGAs in Europe and APAC.
Your role as data scientist is to define and implement with insurers, employers, and other B2B clients, the best solutions, insights analysis, and reports for digital underwriting.
You will need a great deal of curiosity and business acumen in order to understand our B2B clients’ areas of improvements. The overall aim is to leverage our proprietary datasets and models to contribute to the success of our B2B clients. Additionally, your mission, together with the rest of the data science team, would be to contribute to the design of and implement the most insightful and engaging B2C solutions.
The data science team will coordinate with the rest of the HealthyHealth team to identify and produce key insights about end-users. These insights will be used to define and continuously improve the end-user’s journey towards a healthier life.
- Solid data science skills including experience with Partitioning methods, Imputation techniques, Random forests, GLMs, etc.
- Ability to perform exploratory data analysis and draw insight from noisy data when facing open ended underwriting problems.
- Experience coding in Python (essential) and R (preferable)
- Familiarity with common data science libraries (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Understanding of ML in production, i.e. version control, testing, model drift, etc.
- A highly motivated self-starter with solid business acumen and enthusiasm to develop new products
- An in-depth understanding of the actuarial techniques in Insurance
- You have delivered a data product from exploratory data analysis through to production
- Tableau capabilities to create reports and to value insights
- An understanding of insurance and/or health analytics
- Keen interest in AI and machine learning
- Ability to work in Agile environment
- Happy to present findings and insights directly to customers
- Willing to get hands-on with Data Engineering tasks
- Small, autonomous, multi-cultural teams of 3 to 5
- Learning and development opportunities
- No micro-management
- Remote working and adjustable schedule possible
- 2 annual company trips abroad (once restrictions allow)
- International visibility
- Salary- £45-£60k, based on experience
- Company laptop
- Access to the Founders Factory and Plug and Play community
- 28 days vacation + Bank Holidays
- London central office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.