Patient Care Representative I
- National Harbor, MD
About Health Prime International, LLC:
HPI provides a full line of practice management and back office services for physicians and
hospital-owned physician groups throughout the USA. Services include: Revenue Cycle Management, Electronic Health Records, ACO and MSO development, practice management, transcription, call center, coding and compliance, IT infrastructure and support/facility development. We are located in National Harbor, MD, right outside of DC!
Physician Practice Management, Physician Services, ACO and MSO Development, Health Care Consulting and Project Management
- Answer telephone calls in a polite and prompt manner.
- Provide requested services which include, but are not limited to, the
following: scheduling appointments, answering questions about the
practice and physicians, and taking messages about medical questions and
- Ensure that the patient's demographic information is current and accurate.
- Advise patient of office policies (ex/ cancellation/no-show policy) and
inform patient of items to bring to appointment (ex/ driver's license
or other identification card, insurance card, co-pay, list of
- Act as a liaison between the patient and the medical provider:
- Transfer calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially calls of an urgent nature or call from upset patients.
- Understand when it is appropriate to escalate calls to a manager or medical provider.
- Ensure patient privacy according to HIPAA requirements.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to learn (medical terminology, scheduling protocols, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple
calls/tasks simultaneously while maintaining a pleasant demeanor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 Year of relevant healthcare, customer service, or call center experience is preferred; however, we will train the right candidate who has no experience.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to relate to those with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds.
The ideal candidate is someone who is always looking to do more, be a great asset to the team, and provide excellent customer service. He or she is a self-starter and does not wait to be directed to perform daily functions. In order to be successful in this position you have to be an outgoing and driven individual who is compassionate to the needs of others. In this role, you are the first person the patient interacts with and we will depend on you to provide the right first impression to every caller.