Regional Director of Operations- Healthcare/Senior Living - MN based
- 12900 Whitewater Dr, Hopkins, MN 55343, USA
Health Dimensions Group (HDG), with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a privately held entity that was formed in 2000. Our roots are deeply set within acute and senior care and our leadership has served a diverse group of clients for more than 20 years. HDG is governed by a board of directors and employs more than 100 staff throughout the country.
As one of the nation’s thought leaders, HDG offers expertise in consulting and management services to post-acute, long-term care, and senior living providers, as well as hospitals and health systems across the nation. HDG’s experience includes work with clients in all 50 states. Through management of 38 care communities in seven states, HDG has extensive experience with day-to-day operations of skilled nursing facilities, continuing care retirement communities, and assisted and independent living communities.
Aging services and post-acute care continue to undergo major transformation, and HDG understands the opportunities and challenges inherent with these uncertain and unsettling times. Our experienced consultants create customized approaches specific to each client’s unique circumstances to ensure they are well-positioned and equipped to navigate the landscape of change in post-acute and senior care.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission is to make people’s lives better by providing great care and consulting. We believe that our residents and clients deserve our very best. We recognize that satisfaction with care and consulting services does not mean the same thing to everyone; therefore, it is imperative that we listen closely to our customers.
Our vision is to meet and exceed customers’ expectations. This does not happen by chance, but rather through the dedicated efforts of individuals, who day in and day out make great care and consulting their number one priority.
Our core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor, widely recognized and embraced, continue to be the driving force behind our actions as we carry out our mission and work toward our vision. It’s not only what we do but how we do it that makes us a national leader and trusted advisor to those we serve.
We are currently seeking a full-time, dynamic Regional Director of Operations to provide leadership to our managed communities to include skilled nursing communities, assisted living, independent living and a home care organization. This role will require significant and overnight travel to other locations throughout the Midwest states (mainly MN) . In this role, you will be responsible to:
• Provide leadership in support of the company’s core values, as well as the development of effective community leadership and collaborative relationships with the corporate office
• Maintain a corporate culture of accountability, teamwork, trust, communication, enthusiasm and collaboration
• Visit the company’s managed facility communities on a routine basis
• Implement strategies to achieve goals as established in the annual operating plan
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual operating budget within company fiscal guidelines
- Assure adherence to corporate financial policies/procedures to achieve positive operating margins
• Take part in the Board meetings of managed communities as needed
• Provide financial analysis and a summary of performance to the Executive Vice President of Operations on a regular and trended basis
• In partnership with Operations Support Team, provide direction for successful operations to include, but not be limited to: census/revenue management, expense management, sales and marketing management, safety management, clinical management, regulatory management
• Maintain current knowledge of projected trends in senior service areas
• Identify and evaluate opportunities for program growth/acquisition consistent with strategic goals
• Maintain current knowledge of, and assure implementation of all rules, regulations, and standards governing accreditation, licensing, and service provisions
• Design and ensure implementation of policies and systems to minimize corporate liability
• Participate in the performance management program o Assure corrective action for operational, fiscal or personnel performance falling below the established quality and efficiency standards
• Develop and coordinate systems for inter-relationships and interdependence of assigned communities
• Develop and maintain professional relationships and memberships as appropriate for advancing service areas
• Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business or related field
• Previous multi-facility management experience
• 5 years of experience in leadership roles within a combination of SNF, assisted living and/or senior housing communities
• A strong understanding of operational systems and proactive approaches from a corporate perspective, as well as a solid understanding of how this translates to the local level
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work proactively in the creation and management of operational solutions resulting in organizational success
• Outstanding business acumen with excellent analytical skills in addition to financial, operational, and strategic marketing capabilities, including the ability to recognize and act upon opportunities for revenue enhancement and cost containment
• Ability to act as a facilitator, consensus builder and collaborator, and to work effectively across various disciplines with a broad range of constituents
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to bring individuals together and function as a positive and effective mentor
• Ability to visualize and analyze problems, and find solutions that are compatible with the values of the organization
• Ability to develop innovative win-win business solutions to financial and operational challenges
• Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, employees and contractors
• Ability to view the business from the bigger picture perspective
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively coach, motivate, and develop others
• Ability to select a course of action and consider appropriate variables and possible risks
• Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with corporate HDG management and employees
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Travel up to 80%; travel includes both day and overnight travel
We are a values driven organization and offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Please ensure your compensation requirements are included in your application.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.