Executive VP Finance- Senior Living/Healthcare
- 12900 Whitewater Dr, Hopkins, MN 55343, USA
Health Dimensions Group (HDG), with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a privately held entity that was formed in 2000. Our roots are deeply set within acute and senior care and our leadership has served a diverse group of clients for more than 20 years. HDG is governed by a board of directors and employs more than 100 staff throughout the country.
As one of the nation’s thought leaders, HDG offers expertise in consulting and management services to post-acute, long-term care, and senior living providers, as well as hospitals and health systems across the nation. HDG’s experience includes work with clients in all 50 states. Through management of 38 care communities in seven states, HDG has extensive experience with day-to-day operations of skilled nursing facilities, continuing care retirement communities, and assisted and independent living communities.
Aging services and post-acute care continue to undergo major transformation, and HDG understands the opportunities and challenges inherent with these uncertain and unsettling times. Our experienced consultants create customized approaches specific to each client’s unique circumstances to ensure they are well-positioned and equipped to navigate the landscape of change in post-acute and senior care.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission is to make people’s lives better by providing great care and consulting. We believe that our residents and clients deserve our very best. We recognize that satisfaction with care and consulting services does not mean the same thing to everyone; therefore, it is imperative that we listen closely to our customers.
Our vision is to meet and exceed customers’ expectations. This does not happen by chance, but rather through the dedicated efforts of individuals, who day in and day out make great care and consulting their number one priority.
Our core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor, widely recognized and embraced, continue to be the driving force behind our actions as we carry out our mission and work toward our vision. It’s not only what we do but how we do it that makes us a national leader and trusted advisor to those we serve.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide strategic direction for all financial functions for Health Dimensions Group (HDG) and its managed communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Collaborate with executive leadership on the overall financial positioning of the organization:
− Provide significant focus on cash, lines of credit, lending, and financial institution relationships.
− Provide recommendations related to the overall financial health and financial growth of the organization.
· Assure that accurate, timely, and useful financial information is provided to all communities having a management contract with Health Dimensions Group.
− Ensure that information is prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Oversee insurance coverage and insurance issues for HDG and its managed communities. (this would not be inclusive of employee health and welfare insurance coverage)
· Develop and maintain budget programs for use by HDG’s managed communities and HDG corporate.
− Coordinate the budget process for all entities.
− Monitor actual variances from the budget.
· Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
· Oversee income and excise taxes, also including MNCap Works, LLC; process all annual tax returns and payments when received from tax accountants
· Keep owners, senior management, and community administrators apprised of all significant financial developments for HDG and/or its managed communities.
· Implement and coordinate cash management systems to include back account set-up, on-line business banking services, cash transfers as required, and investment management (limited to CD and money market investments) for HDG and its managed communities.
· Lead the management of banking relationships
− Coordinate efforts to secure lines of credit as needed by HDG or its managed communities.
− Assist with mortgage financing as needed.
· Coordinate efforts to establish and document department policies and procedures for all finance, accounting and billing functions at HDG and its managed communities.
− Implement procedures as required to ensure smooth and efficient operations of HDG and its managed communities.
· Oversee the transition of new communities into HDG’s management systems to include the review of due diligence materials provided, development of transition schedule for all financial/business office responsibilities, IT implementation, bank accounts, insurance, and accounts payable.
− Plan department staffing levels, and hire staff for positions
− Conduct regular meetings with department managers and develop a strong finance and accounting team.
· Ensure financial input is collected on all issues being considered by HDG and its managed communities so that appropriate information is available for strategic business decisions; participate and provide information on strategic business decisions.
· Participate and contribute as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
· Review projections for acquisition opportunities brought to leadership for consideration. Make recommendations regarding assumptions used in pro-formas and participate in discussions regarding financial feasibility.
· Coordinate with Corporate Counsel on legal entity set up and reporting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field; Master’s degree, preferred.
· At least 15 years related finance experience, preferably in the health care and senior care industry
· At least 10 years related management experience, preferably in the health care and senior care industry
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach and develop others
· Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, employees and contractors
· Excellent problem resolution skills and decision making ability
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a deadline driven environment
· Strong presentation skills with the ability to create and present succinct, well-crafted presentations via PowerPoint
· Ability to maintain confidential information
We are a values driven organization and offer a competitive wage structure. Please ensure your compensation requirements are included in your application.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.