Senior Living Director of Sales & Marketing - Mequon, WI
- Unknown, Mequon, WI, United States
Health Dimensions Group (HDG), with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a privately held entity that was formed in 2000. Our roots are deeply set within acute and senior care and our leadership has served a diverse group of clients for more than 20 years. HDG is governed by a board of directors and employs more than 100 staff throughout the country.
As one of the nation’s thought leaders, HDG offers expertise in consulting and management services to post-acute, long-term care, and senior living providers, as well as hospitals and health systems across the nation. HDG’s experience includes work with clients in all 50 states. Through management of 38 care communities in seven states, HDG has extensive experience with day-to-day operations of skilled nursing facilities, continuing care retirement communities, and assisted and independent living communities.
Aging services and post-acute care continue to undergo major transformation, and HDG understands the opportunities and challenges inherent with these uncertain and unsettling times. Our experienced consultants create customized approaches specific to each client’s unique circumstances to ensure they are well-positioned and equipped to navigate the landscape of change in post-acute and senior care.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission is to make people’s lives better by providing great care and consulting. We believe that our residents and clients deserve our very best. We recognize that satisfaction with care and consulting services does not mean the same thing to everyone; therefore, it is imperative that we listen closely to our customers.
Our vision is to meet and exceed customers’ expectations. This does not happen by chance, but rather through the dedicated efforts of individuals, who day in and day out make great care and consulting their number one priority.
Our core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor, widely recognized and embraced, continue to be the driving force behind our actions as we carry out our mission and work toward our vision. It’s not only what we do but how we do it that makes us a national leader and trusted advisor to those we serve.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Living Sales and Marketing Director is responsible for building and maintaining occupancy levels to meet occupancy goals for independent and assisted living and memory care units. This position oversees the coordination, management and leadership of all sales and marketing activity of the Community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Regional Sales and Marketing Director in the development and refinement of the strategic sales and marketing plan.
- Plan and manage sales and marketing budget within approved guidelines and according to Company policies and procedures.
- Track and maintain a sufficient inventory of collateral materials and promotional items.
- Plan, host and attend purposeful marketing events.
- Coordinate a sales strategy that maximizes prospect interactions and time in the selling zone.
- Develop and enhance Community image and reputation through appropriate public relations activities.
- Present the Community to prospects using relationship-based selling techniques.
- Follow-up with all prospects utilizing the agreed upon follow-up sales process.
- Secure residential agreements and commitments from prospects.
- Maintain knowledge of local competition by performing periodic visits to update competitive analysis document. Advise ED of major market changes to competitive set.
- Document prospect and referral interactions in the Company approved customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- As needed, advise the Regional Sales and Marketing Director of any suggested rate or fee adjustments to meet the financial goals of ownership and remain competitive in the market.
- Finalize all Applications for Residency for approval by appropriate parties according to designated sales process.
- Introduce the Community to prospective referral sources such as city and county officials, community organizations, senior centers and medical practitioners and maintain strong referral relationships.
- Coordinate and inform all relevant stakeholders on the move-in status of residents and all scheduled prospect visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Completion of an Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with course work in sales, marketing, business administration, social services or related area and/or 6 years of successful proven sales and marketing experience for senior living.
- Three (3) years of experience in senior living setting working within a sales and marketing role preferred, but not required.
- Experience in relationship-based sales of services or intangibles is a plus.
- Proven track record of new business development and closing skills required.
- Must possess high-energy/enthusiasm, leadership, rapport building, and superior verbal/public speaking skills.
- Must work schedule as required; could also be required to work occasional irregular hours (which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours).
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and experience working with a CRM is required.
- Passion for Health Dimensions Group’s mission and ability to clearly articulate the organization’s mission, vision, goals, strategies, and programs with energy and passion.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to transport/lift meeting materials, office supplies and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong team leader with a friendly and engaging style and the ability to interface at all levels in cooperation with a wide range of people, including board members, staff, media representatives, and the community.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment with competing demands and changing priorities, handle last minute requests and shift priorities as needed.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with ability to respond to written inquiries using proper sentence structure and grammar.
We are a values driven organization and offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Please include salary requirement with application and resume.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.