VP Clinical Consultant - WesleyLife - Johnston, IA
- 5508 NW 88th St, Johnston, IA 50131, USA
Health Dimensions Group (HDG), with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a privately held entity that was formed in 2000. Our roots are deeply set within acute and senior care and our leadership has served a diverse group of clients for more than 20 years. HDG is governed by a board of directors and employs more than 100 staff throughout the country.
As one of the nation’s thought leaders, HDG offers expertise in consulting and management services to post-acute, long-term care, and senior living providers, as well as hospitals and health systems across the nation. HDG’s experience includes work with clients in all 50 states. Through management of 38 care communities in seven states, HDG has extensive experience with day-to-day operations of skilled nursing facilities, continuing care retirement communities, and assisted and independent living communities.
Aging services and post-acute care continue to undergo major transformation, and HDG understands the opportunities and challenges inherent with these uncertain and unsettling times. Our experienced consultants create customized approaches specific to each client’s unique circumstances to ensure they are well-positioned and equipped to navigate the landscape of change in post-acute and senior care.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission is to make people’s lives better by providing great care and consulting. We believe that our residents and clients deserve our very best. We recognize that satisfaction with care and consulting services does not mean the same thing to everyone; therefore, it is imperative that we listen closely to our customers.
Our vision is to meet and exceed customers’ expectations. This does not happen by chance, but rather through the dedicated efforts of individuals, who day in and day out make great care and consulting their number one priority.
Our core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor, widely recognized and embraced, continue to be the driving force behind our actions as we carry out our mission and work toward our vision. It’s not only what we do but how we do it that makes us a national leader and trusted advisor to those we serve.
***This search is for a client of HDG. WesleyLife is located in Johnston, Iowa***
WesleyLife is a nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to serving adults, since 1947. We offer a continuum of person-centered care throughout Iowa. Come July, we expand into Illinois and the Quad Cities via a new business venture under the WesleyLife umbrella called WellSpire. Currently, we have eight Communities for Healthy Living (CHLs), which will quickly increase up to twelve within the next couple years. Our WesleyLife At Home Services (HCBS) span fifteen counties, and includes home-based care such as Hospice, Home Health, In-Home Services and Public Health. We also provide community nutrition through our Meals on Wheels program and transportation service through Wesley Wheels, and we continue to grow.
The VP of Clinical Excellence, RN, provides leadership and clinical oversight for WesleyLife’s clinical services (assisted living, memory loss, health center) to ensure compliance with CMS and DIA regulatory standards as well as external and internal quality measures. The VP Clinical Excellence is focused on our strategic goal to provide the highest levels of quality within all aspects of our services and will assist in establishing and executing our clinical quality philosophies and the daily practices and systems that enable and assure we maintain the highest standards of clinical excellence. Through mentoring, consultation, education, and clinical standards, the VP is accountable for achieving our clinical quality goals and outcomes.
Leads the clinical excellence team for WesleyLife, providing direction and oversight for the clinical operations within the organization’s health center and assisted living operations, ensuring the support and mentoring of clinical leaders across the organization, and driving WesleyLife’s clinical excellence strategies through consistent practices and systems.
- Approaches his/her work and the strategies of the clinical excellence team through the lens of customer experience while supporting the leaders and teams who deliver the care and services.
- Serves as a resource / partner to various cross-functional teams to assure WesleyLife practices align with clinical excellence standards, requirements, and best practices.
- Leads the implementation and maintenance of clinical excellence practices in full alignment with WesleyLife’s philosophies on person-centered approaches and priorities around hospitality/customer service. Models the way, mentors, and holds accountable clinical leadership across the organization to establish and sustain these priorities in the daily implementation of clinical care.
- Leads the development and implementation of uniform philosophies, systems and processes across the organization to ensure ongoing compliance with State and Federal regulations and standards for all clinical care areas (AL, ML, NF). Provides tools, resources and education to local teams to enable ongoing monitoring of quality, the quick identification of risks and/or trends, and the ability to implement timely and appropriate corrective actions so quality and compliance are maintained at all times.
- Ensures appropriate onboarding, training and ongoing development of clinical leadership to assure their success. Works with key leaders across disciplines to ensure appropriate learning and education for all clinical team members.
- Monitors CMS and DIA regulatory requirements for updates. Educates and consults with the Clinical Excellence Team, Directors of Nursing, Executive Directors and others to develop policies, systems and processes to enable WesleyLife to prepare for changes in requirements and ensure successful implementation of changes that will meet the intent of the regulations.
- Assures clinical systems include appropriate audits and assessments (within the CHL’s and HCBS) to review clinical standards of practice as well as compliance with State and Federal regulations and standards. Provides consistent practices and systems to assure gaps are closed and appropriate practices are sustained.
- Serves as a champion for WesleyLife’s partnerships with schools and other external partners as they relate to the development of talent pipelines, educational opportunities, and the advancement of our workforce efforts. Works in collaboration with people and culture team members as well as operations leaders to explore ways to find, attract and retain clinical talent for WesleyLife.
- Consults with Directors of Nursing, ED’s and other key team members related to staffing and budgeting within the health center to generally assist the leaders in implementing standards/best practices, meeting budget, managing staff to census requirements, etc. Participates with DON’s and ED’s in discussions related to individual performance matters as they relate to the quality and performance of the health center.
- Leads clinical reimbursement/MDS practices to ensure accuracy, identify areas for improvement and provide education or information regarding MDS processes.
- Leads the development and implementation of innovative practices based on research of best practices in memory care, rehabilitation, and all areas of service ensuring WesleyLife is remaining at the forefront of quality and innovation.
- Acts as primary liaison for Accountable Care Partnerships and other health care relations with hospital, clinics for improved clinical integration, care maps and quality to improve overall health care options in partnership with acute care, physician practices and others in the field of healthcare.
- Investigates any significant clinical or quality events to identify probable causes and develops immediate corrective action plans in partnership with the Director of Nursing. Defines changes to policies, procedures, reporting or other processes to reduce the potential for the event to recur. Informs all Directors of Nursing of changes to practice and assists each in developing and implementing appropriate actions within their own teams, as needed.
- Utilizes meaningful data and/or completes appropriate analyses to review outcomes as well as identify areas for improvement. Prepares reports and presents findings to senior leadership as well as local leadership teams. Assists in setting both organization-wide goals as well as goals specific to each location that will continually push the organization toward higher levels of accountability and quality.
- May periodically step into an interim director role on a short-term basis while the position is being backfilled for a community.
- Completes other responsibilities or projects as may be required or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is highly preferred. At a minimum, must be a Registered Nurse with clear and current licensure in the State of Iowa.
- Prior experience in nursing administration within a geriatric setting is required with at least seven years of previous leadership experience.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all applicable state and federal regulations, quality assurance, compliance, clinical and social modeling. Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures.
- Actively advocates and models person-directed care within the health center environment. Must demonstrate a passion to act as a champion for change within the industry, the ability to lead others through change and the ability to make decisions that lead toward new approaches and ways of thinking.
- Collaborates effectively with other internal resources such as Directors of Health Services (DON’s) as well as external resources, including state and federal resources, to stay abreast of current information and to proactively prepare for future services and/or trends within the industry.
- Maintains full and complete confidentiality of resident, client, team and business information as required.
- Appropriately delegates tasks to other team members. Is an early adopter and advocate of change with the ability to be a leader of change within the organization. Solid, professional communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Organizes work and handles multiple, competing priorities
We are a values driven organization and offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Please ensure your compensation requirements are included in your application.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.