Executive Director / Nursing Home Administrator In Training
- 12900 Whitewater Drive Suite 201, Hopkins, MN, United States
Health Dimensions Group (HDG), with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a privately held entity that was formed in 2000. Our roots are deeply set within acute and senior care and our leadership has served a diverse group of clients for more than 20 years. HDG is governed by a board of directors and employs more than 100 staff throughout the country.
As one of the nation’s thought leaders, HDG offers expertise in consulting and management services to post-acute, long-term care, and senior living providers, as well as hospitals and health systems across the nation. HDG’s experience includes work with clients in all 50 states. Through management of 38 care communities in seven states, HDG has extensive experience with day-to-day operations of skilled nursing facilities, continuing care retirement communities, and assisted and independent living communities.
Aging services and post-acute care continue to undergo major transformation, and HDG understands the opportunities and challenges inherent with these uncertain and unsettling times. Our experienced consultants create customized approaches specific to each client’s unique circumstances to ensure they are well-positioned and equipped to navigate the landscape of change in post-acute and senior care.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission is to make people’s lives better by providing great care and consulting. We believe that our residents and clients deserve our very best. We recognize that satisfaction with care and consulting services does not mean the same thing to everyone; therefore, it is imperative that we listen closely to our customers.
Our vision is to meet and exceed customers’ expectations. This does not happen by chance, but rather through the dedicated efforts of individuals, who day in and day out make great care and consulting their number one priority.
Our core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor, widely recognized and embraced, continue to be the driving force behind our actions as we carry out our mission and work toward our vision. It’s not only what we do but how we do it that makes us a national leader and trusted advisor to those we serve.
To develop expertise and gain experiential knowledge and skills in the field of senior care administration as a part of preparation for attaining a Nursing Home Administrator degree and certification. The Executive Learning program includes: rotation through the various departments and duties in a skilled nursing or assisted living communities; education on the interrelationships of the Community with outside parties and government agencies (such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services); and a study of regulations and requirements associated with the operation of a skilled nursing community.
EDIT candidates must meet the minimum regulatory requirements for licensure in their state of intended residence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the applicable State Board of Nursing Home Examiners to complete required courses and practicum experience to become a licensed nursing home administrator
- Work in collaboration with operations and consulting teams under minimal guidance in completing AIT program rotational structure that is inclusive of an in depth study of nursing care community and/or assisted living focus areas and completion of a capstone project
- Work with operations teams on miscellaneous tasks relevant to community operations including prep surveys, resident/family/employee satisfaction surveys, in service trainings, quality improvement initiatives (QAPI), and Caring Above and Beyond implementation
- Shadow consultants and managers at communities as a learning experience during management and consulting projects
- Represent HDG and the managed community to the area community, residents, and to the families; develop and maintain strong employee, customer, and community relations
- In partnership with the Executive Director at assigned Community, assures overall Community operations are safe, effective, meet regulatory and corporate standards for operation, and provide an excellent level of customer satisfaction
- In partnership with the Executive Director at assigned Community, monitors regulatory components at communities to assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Attend regional operations meetings as requested
- Prepare, submit, and interpret reports and statistical information as required
- Promote HDG’s mission, vision and values
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES RELOCATION TO MINNEAPOLIS, MN for approximately 6 months to train at the corporate office. There WILL be a 2nd relocation to one of our communities after that in one of these states:
- MN, IA, WI, IL, PA, CO, TX.
- Degree in progress for Health Care Administration/Management, Business Administration, or related health care field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years experience in a long-term care community or home health agency, preferred
- Current and valid state Nursing Home Administrator’s license/certification, or must be eligible for examination and licensure upon successful completion of EDIT program
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with employees, customers, and contractors
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to travel within geographic region up to 75% during phase II of the program (est. 3 months)
Health Dimensions Group supports you in achieving a happy, healthy life with competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package to help you balance the demands of work and your personal life. You, your spouse, and your children are eligible for benefits beginning the first of the month following your date of hire.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off and Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Medical Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance Plans
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Opportunities to Work Remotely
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dream It, Do It Program
- Paid Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Pet Insurance
- Pet Adoption Assistance
- Pet Friendly Office Days
- Many More Supplemental Benefits
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.