Director of Wellness (RN) - Marycrest Assisted Living
- 2850 Columbine Rd, Denver, CO 80221, USA
Health Dimensions Group provides consulting and management services to healthcare organizations and providers. In addition, the ownership of skilled nursing and senior housing facilities is integral to our ongoing mission. We are committed to designing integrated solutions for the achievement of the community health goals of our managed facilities and consulting clients. Health Dimensions Group is committed to the core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor. These values, in addition to the significance and impact on the service we provide, determine our priorities, inform our decisions, and represent stability to those we serve.
Health Dimensions Group is seeking a Full-Time Director of Wellness to lead the day-to-day clinical operations of Marycrest Assisted Living.
The ideal Director of Wellness should be efficient, organized, a leader and problem solver, and all-around people-person with a positive approach to overseeing the nursing and clinical care staff of an assisted living community. The Director of Wellness must also be able to show care and compassion for the residents.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Directs and supervises the activities of all professional and nonprofessional nursing personnel, recommending nursing care services.
- Establishes objectives for the department of nursing and the organizational structure for achieving these objectives.
- Interprets and puts into effect administrative policies.
- Directs and delegates management of professional and ancillary nursing personnel.
- Plans and conducts conferences and discussions with administrative and professional nursing staff to encourage participation in formulating departmental policies and procedures, promotes initiative, solves problems and interprets new policies and procedures to meet all state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates activities of various nursing units, promoting and maintaining harmonious relationships among nursing personnel and with allied services, medical staff, members and families.
- Advises personnel on specified care concerns and implements systems to improve quality of care.
- Plans and outlines general nursing procedures to be observed by professional and nonprofessional nursing personnel.
- Works to ensure adequate training and continuing education programs for the nursing department.
- Keeps records and prepares reports of nursing educational activities with a view toward employee development.
- Keeps abreast of professional developments in the field by outside reading, attending conferences and training sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Baccalaureate or Associate degree in nursing (RN)
- Two years of experience in assisted living, memory care and/or long-term care
- Previous Management experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations in relation to homecare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ANA Standards of Nursing Practice, gerontology nursing practice, and code for nurses.
- Knowledgeable of community resources and health care agencies.
- Must have and maintain an active R.N. license / registration in good standing on the state registry.
- Complete continued education courses or attend seminars relating to the nursing profession.
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.) which may include hours beyond eight hours in a day, or 40 hours in a week.
- Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including punctuality and proper timesheet usage.
- On call 24/7 for the community.
- Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures related to, but not limited to tuberculosis screening of health-care workers.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.