HR Payroll Specialist
- 12900 Whitewater Drive, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Health Dimensions Group is a nationwide leader in post-acute and senior care management and consulting services. For over 25 years, Health Dimensions Group has had a strong reputation for designing integrated and customized solutions for the achievement of community health goals for the communities we manage and for our consulting clients throughout the country. Our strong track record, technical expertise, client intimate approach, strong business pragmatism and consistent outcomes have been the basis for the continued growth of the organization. Health Dimensions Group is committed to the core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor. These values, in addition to the significance and impact on the service we provide, determine our priorities, inform our decisions and represent stability to those we serve.
POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Payroll Specialist is responsible for the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for Centralized Communities’ payroll. This position supports and administers Human Resources and Payroll compliance activities and is responsible for HRIS and benefit data management. As part of the HR team, this position provides HR and Payroll consultation and training to the individual Centralized Communities assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Complete payroll processing according to company policy, union contract provisions (if applicable) and applicable wage and hour laws.
· Maintains personnel, workers’ compensation, payroll and other confidential files for all employees.
· Responsible for ensuring all payroll updates in the payroll system with all employee changes, such as new hires, garnishments, terminations, resignations, leaves of absences, suspensions, wage rate, address, name and other status changes are accurate and timely.
· Works closely with community to verify accurate payroll prior to final submittal.
· Creates and submits bi-weekly reports and transfers for employee 401(k) contributions, and other reports as directed.
· Oversees community benefit administration
· Reconciles monthly benefit invoices and oversees the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of payment of administrative fees.
· In coordination with Manager of Compensation and Benefits, assures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).Prepares reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Assure timeliness and accuracy of required filings
· In coordination with the Manager of Compensation and Benefits and Senior Payroll Consultant, implement and maintain Group Benefits databases and benefit records. Prepare regular benefit reports extracting data from the database.
· Creates all necessary correspondence, verifications of employment, etc.
· Creates and submits monthly and quarterly payroll reports to various concerns according to company policy. Finalizes year-end reconciliation audits and reports.
· In conjunction with Senior Payroll Consultant, oversees and submits payroll based journal entry submissions.
· Oversees community worker’s compensation / leave of absence tracking and reporting.
· Runs regular performance management reports and tracks performance review and competency completion.
· Works with site to track all in-service training hours
· Ensures job descriptions are up to date and accurate.
· Tracks and processes terminations and turnover.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required; focus in Human Resources, preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of hands-on payroll experience, Human Resources and benefit experience; ADP and Smartlinx experience, preferred.
· Knowledge of and experience with HRIS systems and data management.
· Strong knowledge base of HR related laws and regulations, compliance, and industry best practices
· Excellent follow-up and follow-through abilities
· Strong sense of urgency
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
· Experienced with Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Proven negotiation skills.
· Previous experience in working in multi-site organizations, preferred
· Creative and resourceful
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
· Strong organizational and phone skills
· Ability to take initiative with minimal supervision
We are a values driven organization and offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Please include salary requirement with application and resume.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.