Vice President Senior Care Consulting
- 12900 Whitewater Drive Suite 201, Hopkins, MN, United States
Health Dimensions Group (HDG), with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a privately held entity that was formed in 2000. Our roots are deeply set within acute and senior care and our leadership has served a diverse group of clients for more than 20 years. HDG is governed by a board of directors and employs more than 85 staff throughout the country.
As one of the nation’s thought leaders, HDG offers expertise in consulting and management services to post-acute, long-term care, and senior living providers, as well as hospitals and health systems across the nation. HDG’s experience includes work with clients in all 50 states. Through management of its 29 health care properties in seven states, HDG has extensive experience with day-to-day operations of skilled nursing facilities, continuing care retirement communities, assisted and independent living communities, and home health care.
Aging services and post-acute care continue to undergo major transformation, and HDG understands the opportunities and challenges inherent with these uncertain and unsettling times. Our experienced consultants create customized approaches specific to each client’s unique circumstances to ensure they are well-positioned and equipped to navigate the landscape of change in post-acute and senior care.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission is to make people’s lives better by providing great care and consulting. We believe that our residents and clients deserve our very best. We recognize that satisfaction with care and consulting services does not mean the same thing to everyone; therefore, it is imperative that we listen closely to our customers.
Our vision is to meet and exceed customers’ expectations. This does not happen by chance, but rather through the dedicated efforts of individuals who day in and day out make great care and consulting their number one priority.
Our core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor, widely recognized and embraced, continue to be the driving force behind our actions as we carry out our mission and work toward our vision. It’s not only what we do but how we do it that makes us a national leader and trusted advisor to those we serve.
This position provides overall leadership to a consulting service line; develops and implements sales and business development growth strategies to position HDG as the leading management and consulting firm among post-acute and senior services organizations; achieves $700,000 annual sales revenue goal; serves as a national thought leader; manages consulting team members; leads, manages and works on consulting engagements; and promotes service line and project profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and develop relationships with industry leaders and potential clients from post-acute, senior services, and other targeted organizations
- Develop and implement targeted sales and business development growth strategies for the service line, including the development of new consulting products and services
- Achieve annual sales revenue goal of $700,000 for the service line
- Establish annual goals and objectives in coordination with corporate-wide and consulting practice’s strategy and operational plans
- Develop, define, write and present consulting project proposals and letters of engagement, including the establishment of appropriate scopes and project fees
- Achieve and maintain national recognition as a thought leader and expert in the service line
- Achieve and maintain expertise on current and emerging industry trends and relevant health care legislation, regulation and payer guidelines
- Speak at, and actively participate in national, regional and local professional associations and organizations which target skilled nursing provider organizations and systems
- Write white papers, articles, and blog-posts for key industry publications, web sites and other social and electronic media sources
- Complete a minimum of four outreach industry efforts per year (e.g., speaking, writing, etc.)
- Lead, manage, advise and/or work on consulting engagements, ensuring project goals, client satisfaction/relationships, and profitability goals are achieved
- Consulting engagements may include operational and clinical assessments, performance improvement, turnaround, program development and start-up, education and training, administrative oversight, survey readiness, and interim management engagements
- Bill a minimum of XXXX hours annually as defined by the Consulting Leadership Team (CLT)
- Collaborate with the research and analytics department to develop and implement leading-edge research to ensure the firm’s prominent position in post-acute and senior services consulting
- Collaborate with the marketing department in the establishment and implementation of the service line marketing strategy
- Supervise and develop operations and clinical consulting team members
- Develop and manage project budgets
- Establish fees for consulting engagements
- Ensure the profitability of consulting projects
- Develop, write and edit consulting engagement reports, presentations and other client deliverables
- Present reports, project updates and other project deliverables to clients and client work groups
- Serve as a member of the consulting leadership team (CLT) to establish and oversee the strategic direction of the consulting practice
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, health care administration, nursing home administration or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of health care consulting experience serving post-acute and long-term care provider clients
- Minimum of 5-10 years LNHA or related leadership experience as a senior executive in post-acute or long-term care provider organizations
- Proven ability to sell project-based consulting projects
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively coach, motivate, and develop others
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, employees and contractors
- Adherence to HDG’s values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect and humor
- Ability to view the business from the bigger picture perspective
- Excellent problem resolution skills and decision making ability
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to select a course of action and consider appropriate variables and possible risks
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Approximate travel up to 50-75%
We are a values driven organization and offer a competitive wage package. Please include salary requirement with application and resume.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.