LTC Nurse Consultant
- unknown, unknown, WI, United States
Health Dimensions Group is a nationwide leader in post-acute and senior care management and consulting services. For over 25 years, Health Dimensions Group has had a strong reputation for designing integrated and customized solutions for the achievement of community health goals for the communities we manage and for our consulting clients throughout the country. Our strong track record, technical expertise, client intimate approach, strong business pragmatism and consistent outcomes have been the basis for the continued growth of the organization. Health Dimensions Group is committed to the core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor. These values, in addition to the significance and impact on the service we provide, determine our priorities, inform our decisions and represent stability to those we serve.
Provides consultation, guidance and professional nursing expertise through clinical assessments, monitoring of reimbursement processes, development of action plans, aiding in goal accomplishment, and the monitoring of quality and performance outcome progress of assigned CBRF and SNF communities in WI. This position assists in the development, revision and implementation of policies and practices which assure efficient, effective, quality and compliant performance outcomes within assigned communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide consultation and guidance to Director of Nursing and Nurse Leadership related to assigned community clinical and reimbursement needs
- Maintain current knowledge of trends, expectations and changes in clinical practice, regulation, and policy as it relates to delivery of patient care, Medicare/Medicaid assessments and reimbursement to include but not be limited to
- Complete routine and periodic onsite assessments of clinical and reimbursement processes and routines
- Develop action plans related to assessment outcomes and survey plans of correction identified through internal and regulatory reviews
- Engage and coach Director of Nursing, Nurse Leadership and support staff related to importance of achieving identified action items and addressing community clinical and reimbursement priorities
- Regularly provides feedback to Executive Director on overall clinical and reimbursement process and procedures of assigned communities
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring and mentoring of all new Directors of Nursing.
- Provide risk management guidance by collaborating with community management to reduce risk through the implementation of loss prevention strategies.
- Ensure that the system for reporting and evaluating events is functioning; assist communities with post-event management.
- Provide education to senior leadership, regional leadership, consultants and community personnel to ensure all are informed of changes in expectations, trends, policies and practices related to MDS, Point Click Care, medical record documentation and delivery of routine and specialized nursing cares
- Oversees orientation and onboarding of Directors of Nursing and/or nurse leadership
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of current licensure as a registered nurse in good standing in WI
- 7-10+ years nursing experience
- 3-5 years of clinical leadership experience in a long-term care setting
- Knowledge of risk management and loss prevention strategies
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements related to nursing and long-term care
- Knowledge of MDS/RAI process
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Geographic flexibility related to providing support to assigned communities
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time
Want an exciting career with a values driven organization, amazing career opportunities, and highly talented colleagues?
Health Dimensions Group could be the place for you. We offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, FSA, HSA, Life Insurance, LTD, STD
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with Match
- Tuition Reimbursement/Professional Development
- Growth Opportunities/Promote from Within
- Verizon Cellular Discount
- Fitness Center on Site
- Free Coke Products for Employees
- On Site Cafeteria
- Free Parking
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.