- 12900 Whitewater Dr, Hopkins, MN 55343, USA
Health Dimensions Group is a nationwide leader in post-acute and senior care management and consulting services. For over 25 years, Health Dimensions Group has had a strong reputation for designing integrated and customized solutions for the achievement of community health goals for the communities we manage and for our consulting clients throughout the country. Our strong track record, technical expertise, client intimate approach, strong business pragmatism and consistent outcomes have been the basis for the continued growth of the organization. Health Dimensions Group is committed to the core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor. These values, in addition to the significance and impact on the service we provide, determine our priorities, inform our decisions and represent stability to those we serve.
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintain general ledger and create monthly financial statements to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information as part of the financial services provided by Health Dimensions Group (HDG) to its managed communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and post journal entries in the general ledgers of HDG’s managed communities used in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Compile and reconcile information from the general ledgers used in month-end schedules supporting the issued financial statements.
- Review bank reconciliations prepared by the accountant and prepare the necessary journal entries. Serve as a back up to the accountant in reconciling the bank accounts of HDG’s managed communities when necessary.
- Perform analytical review of financial statement accounts and research/resolve accounting issues as necessary.
- Create and issue monthly financial statements for HDG’s managed communities by the deadlines established and ensure that financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review and verify the coding of invoices prior to posting the accounts payable batches by the accounts payable staff to ensure proper posting of expenses.
- Prepare work papers for yearly audits and work with external auditors.
- Prepare financial information as necessary for Medicare and Medicaid cost report filings.
- Prepare financial information as necessary for tax return filings as requested by outside tax accountants.
- Prepare other financial reports and analyses as deemed necessary; such as, but not limited to: budget vs. actual comparisons, PPD expenses by department, payroll labor reports, bank compliance reporting, capital project tracking, etc.
- Provide data input and analytical review of yearly budgets for HDG’s managed communities.
- File sales/use tax returns, as applicable, for HDG’s managed communities.
- Develop good working relationships and communication with managed community staff.
- Assist EVP of Finance and Director of Corporate and Managed Community Accounting in various other projects and analyses as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum 5 years related accounting experience.
- Previous health care accounting experience preferred (specifically with skilled nursing and/or assisted and independent living communities).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and various accounting software applications.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple communities/projects simultaneously and meet financial deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of accounting concepts.
We are a values driven organization and offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Please ensure your compensation requirements are included in your application.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.