Mental Health Therapist (Virtual)
- 94 Pleasant St, Arlington, MA 02476, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Do you have a passion for working with survivors of interpersonal trauma? Would it be life-giving to work alongside other clinicians just as passionate about trauma work as you? We are looking for trauma-informed, social justice-minded, holistic and community-focused clinicians who will provide individual and family therapy for trauma survivors within a newly-forming group practice team.
Survivors of intimate partner violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and child abuse often struggle to find clinicians that "get it". You, on the other hand, are a clinician that understands the importance of moving beyond "just talk" to providing the kind of bottom-up care that helps survivors heal. You have training in EMDR, Brainspotting, Internal Family Systems, Somatic Experiencing, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, or similar, or have an interest in obtaining specialized trauma training.
Job Type: Full-Time Fee-for-Service Employee, Virtual
Reports to: Owner, Jocelyn St.Cyr, LICSW
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or social work;
- An active, unrestricted license (Ph.D., LICSW, LMFT, etc) in the State of Massachusetts (must be fully licensed). A copy of license must be provided to Healing Well Counseling Center prior to official hire;
- Available to meet at least 26 client sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Healing Well Counseling Center.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- At least one year of individual therapy experience
- Demonstrated trauma-focused training or willingness to obtain trauma training within a few months of hire
- Work hours and schedule may vary depending on client and Healing Well Counseling Center needs. Clinician is not guaranteed a minimum number of clients or sessions per week. However, it is expected that Clinician will be available to meet at least 26 or more clients per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Healing Well Counseling Center. Client sessions are held virtually.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform virtual counseling services, including individual, couples, family, and/or group therapy
- Communicate with a client’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary
- Complete written records for each client including, but not limited to: intake assessments, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contact notes, and other forms or documents in a timely fashion
- Maintain licensure and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for
- A steady stream of referrals
- Administrative support for intake scheduling and billing
- Access to our EHR system for billing and notetaking
- Health Insurance stipend
- Stipends for clinician training and wellness
- Paid sick time