Care Home Director
- 577 N Central Ave, Campbell, CA 95008, USA
Hatikvah House is a lovely Jewish home for six adults with developmental disabilities located in Campbell, CA. We are a state licensed, level 3, staff-operated, residential program providing services and support within an environment that embraces Jewish values and traditions. This includes a kosher kitchen, Shabbat observance, and celebration of the Jewish holidays, including an annual Hanukkah party. Each resident participates in a structured schedule of activities that is responsive to their needs, choices and preferences as described in their individual needs and services plan. Our purpose is to support residents in achieving their individual goals and objectives, while maintaining a link with their families and community.
The Care Home Director is responsible for the overall management and administration of the Hatikvah House facility and program in compliance with applicable law and regulation. This a full time, professional position, and offers an attractive compensation package including salary, vacation and benefits.
- Reports directly to Hatikvah Board of Directors regarding the operation of Hatikvah residential services program.
- Adheres to approved operating budget in conjunction with Hatikvah Board of Directors.
- Works with Hatikvah House accountant to report on expenditures.
- Communicates regularly with Hatikvah Board of Directors.
- Recommends policy and procedures for the operation of the residential services program.
- Oversees screening, intake, ongoing progress and annual review of residents.
- Insures that client files are accurate and up to date in compliance with Hatikvah Inc., San Andreas Regional Center, and Community Care Licensing procedures, policies and regulations.
- Promotes program goals with consumers and staff.
- Supports consumers to maintain consistent and open communication with families, conservators and other professional care providers.
- Provides resources and guidance for Hatikvah parents.
- Serves as liaison with external supporting agencies and individuals.
- Oversees general physical conditions of the residential facility.
- Available for emergencies as appropriate.
- Operates the house according to Jewish traditions, in particular keeping a kosher kitchen.
- Supervises the staff of direct support professionals, including hiring, firing, training and scheduling.
- High School Diploma.
- Nine months of direct experience with adults with Developmental Disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide staff training, supervision, and planning.
- Empathy, common sense and respect for individual uniqueness.
- Competent writing ability.
- Meet State and Regional Center requirements for license and certificates
- Continuing education to meet requirements for Community Care Licensing and Regional Center.
- Must complete Direct Support Professional Training requirements as stated in Title 17.
- Skill in counseling and negotiation.
- Knowledge of Jewish tradition and culture, nice to have.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.