Role: Oversee all channel and reselling strategic partnerships with payroll, providers of WFM and HRM Software, employee benefits partners and third party licensing agreements.
Location: London or Barcelona 🌍
Language Requirements: native English + fluent in Spanish or vice versa
What makes Hastee unique? Hastee is an award-winning start-up at the cutting-edge of Fintech with the socially-driven mission of improving employee financial wellbeing across the globe. We are the first provider of #EarnedWageAccess to launch in the UK, are backed by some of the leading, global fintech investors and have offices in London, Barcelona and Kiev.
Hastee revolutionises employee financial health by enabling workers to receive a portion of their earned pay immediately, whenever and wherever they want via an App and helping to reduce the financial stress that affects almost 2/3 of our working population.
Our revolutionary technology also includes Savings, Financial Education & Management tools to help people better understand their finances and make decisions that ultimately make their money go further.
Our revolutionary technology improves employee happiness and productivity driving bottom-line results for their organisations and we are proud to have an NPS of 76 and 4.8/5 ratings in the Apple Store and Google Play.
Earned wage access is one of the hottest newest products to the European fintech world and is attracting existing fintech heavyweights to throw their hat into the ring.
Hastee is seeing great momentum post-pandemic as Earned Wage Access and Financial Health are becoming a top priority for companies of all sizes, and we have an exciting product roadmap and expansion plan that will reinforce our leadership position.
To continue building our great story, we are seeking a Partnerships Director who will identify, develop and oversee commercial and technical partnerships and alliances across all of our products and geographies.
This is an incredible opportunity to work with leading businesses and with a diverse, multicultural and ambitious team on a mission to improve the life of millions of employees globally.
You will report directly into the CEO and will be a key member of our Management Team.
About the Role:
Hastee is an employee benefit offered by employers to their workforce to allow them to get paid as soon as they’ve done the work and to support them in better managing their finances through our financial education, savings and management tools. We are a B2B2C company.
Strategic Partnerships are key to us, as they offer very large channel sales opportunities as well as the ability to technically deliver our service as a fully automated solution. These partnerships fall in two buckets:
1. Technical Integrations:
We work with the leading Payroll, T&A, WFM and HRM solutions and integrate with them to provide a fully digital, automatized and integrated earned wage access solution to our clients. Thanks to our technology and integrations (mostly API integrations or SFTP file exchange), our clients (employers) have exactly the same workload (none!) to implement Hastee, regardless of whether they have 10 employees or 10,000 employees deciding to get paid several times during the month.
2. Reselling, co-selling and Licensing agreements:
The same Payroll, WFM or HRM solutions we integrate with have a large number of Customers for whom enjoying Hastee is almost as simple as “turning it on”, as we are already integrated with the software that manages payroll or shifts for them. Therefore, we have an enormous opportunity of engaging in reselling agreements to take Hastee to all their Customer base as a value-add to their core product. We can do this by offering our own app, a cobranded or whitelabel app, a webview integration in their own app/portal, etc.
On top of these software solutions, we also work with leading Corporate Benefits Providers, where Hastee represents a core product in their portfolio of employee benefits, and which we jointly take to their Customers. And we also provide our technology to third parties like Financial Institutions, under Licensing agreements, to allow them to offer the leading Earned Wage Access product of Hastee to their B2B Customers.
We are building a world-class team and are scaling fast internationally. The Partnerships Director will play a key role and be responsible for developing existing relationships and winning new partnerships and alliances to accelerate our growth and international expansion across the UK, Europe and Latin America, as well as for growing and managing a team that will deliver on this strategic pillar.
It is essential that you have 3-5 years’ of previous experience in a similar role leading strategic partnerships/partner relations for various markets – ideally gained within an HR Tech, Fintech or SaaS environment.
You can be based either in London or in Barcelona and you are ideally either a native English speaker with a good command of Spanish or a native Spanish speaker who is bilingual in English. Other European languages, a big plus.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and maximize the existing partnerships and alliances, by building effective business plans for each Partner and continually looking for opportunities to strengthen our relationships with them.
- Identify prospective partnerships, alliances and market opportunities that can help Hastee accelerate growth and capture market share in every Country we operate in.
- Ensure new Partnerships are executed, set-up for success and managed on an on-going basis to achieve the highest return from each relationship.
- Work with product, engineering and marketing teams to secure resources and prioritization for partner success.
- Partner with finance, legal, sales and customer success teams to enable partnership execution.
- Establish key KPIs and success measures, tracking progress against the set goals and hitting critical targets
More than anything else, we are looking for someone who would be stimulated working in a fast-paced, cutting-edge start-up environment where people and projects move quickly and excited by the prospect of helping us deliver on our ambitious strategic plans 🚀
- 3-5 years’ of previous experience in a similar role leading strategic partnerships/ partner relations for various markets – ideally gained within an HR Tech, Fintech or SaaS environment.
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels including with top Corporate Executives.
- Well-developed skills in project management, negotiation, communication and leadership are essential.
- You’ll need strong strategic and quantitative analysis skills to monitor, measure and report both internally and externally on the KPIs behind your Partnerships and Alliances. As well as…
- A broad understanding of technical concepts (we won´t need to explain what an API is).
- Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Proactive in your approach to work, with the ability to work autonomously, strongly self-demanding and driven, with the ambition and tenacity needed to make a difference.
- Excellent teamwork skills and passion for Customer Satisfaction.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
And if we could have a Cherry on Top:
- Experience working for a Payroll Software, WFM or HRM software Company.
- Experience marketing and selling into HR departments.
- Experience in a start-up / scale-up environment creating or leading a BizDev / Partnerships department.
- Additional languages like French or German, a big plus
How will you know you’ve aced it?
Your success will be mostly measured on:
- New Strategic Partnerships signed.
- Penetration in the Customer base of each Partner.
- Total number of accessible employees.
- Engaged employees.
- To work with a diverse international team in a fast-paced, HOT HOT HOT dynamic start-up where what really matters is getting things done ✔
- To become part of a fast-growing and game-changing Company, where we are passionate about improving one of the largest problems of today: Financial Stress
- To enjoy autonomy and flexibility in your work and the ability to further develop and make the most out of your role, shaping not only your team and strategy but also having a true impact across the entire organization
- To have an international scope and global responsibilities
- To take to market a solution that is innovative, ethical and good for all
Hours / Working Arrangements:
- In Barcelona we currently work on a fully remote basis but will very shortly have an office and move to a hybrid work environment with a combination of core days in the office and remote working arrangements.
- Taking pride and care about the quality of your work
- The customer comes first and user outcomes are key
- Succeeding together and working collaboratively
- Experimenting and innovating to make things better or to find solutions to new obstacles
- Learning & sharing your knowledge with others
- 23 days holiday AND, since family time is important, we tend to give an extra 3 days’ holiday to spend with your loved ones over the festive period 🎄🎅
- 4 weeks worldwide remote
- Ability to work from either London/Barcelona office
- Free access to earned pay via Hastee
- Budget to set up your home office