Marketing Director - Fintech Start-Up
- London or Barcelona, United Kingdom
Overview: lead our Marketing team in this exciting stage of our international growth
Location: London or Barcelona
Language Requirements: native English + fluent in Spanish or vice versa
What makes Hastee unique? Hastee is an award-winning start-up at the cutting-edge of Fintech with the socially-driven mission of improving employee financial wellbeing across the globe. We are the first provider of #EarnedWageAccess to launch in the UK, are backed by some of the leading, global fintech investors and have offices in London, Barcelona and Kiev.
We live life ‘on-demand’ and on our phones: now accessing our earned pay can be the same.
Hastee revolutionises employee financial health by allowing workers to access their earned pay, on-demand, through the Hastee app or card, without having to wait until pay day, helping reduce the financial stress that affects almost 2/3 of our working population.
Hastee’s solution also includes Savings, Financial Education & Management tools to help people better understand their finances and make better financial decisions.
Our revolutionary technology improves employee happiness and productivity, driving bottom-line results for their organisations, and we are proud to have an NPS of 76 and 4.8/5 ratings in the Apple Store and Google Play.
Earned wage access is one of the hottest newest products to the European fintech world and is attracting existing fintech heavyweights to throw their hat into the ring.
Hastee is seeing great momentum post-pandemic as Earned Wage Access and Financial Health are becoming a top priority for companies of all sizes, and we have an exciting product roadmap and expansion plan that will reinforce our leadership position .
To continue building our great story, we are seeking a Marketing Director who will oversee our B2B2C strategy and execution across all our products and geographies.
This is an incredible opportunity to work with leading businesses and with a diverse, multicultural and ambitious team on a mission to improve the life of millions of employees globally.
You will report directly into the CEO and will be a key member of our Management Team.
About the Role:
Hastee is an employee benefit offered by employers to their workers to allow them to get paid as soon as they’ve done the work and to support them in better managing their finances through our financial education, savings and management tools. It is therefore a B2B2C product.
Accordingly, you will be responsible for both B2B and B2C funnels that require a wide understanding of marketing practices, ranging from brand-building and demand-generation to user engagement and monetisation.
We are building a world-class team and are scaling fast internationally, so our Marketing Director will be responsible for overseeing the marketing strategy for our international expansion across the UK, Europe and Latin America, and for growing and managing a central team that will deliver on this global marketing plan.
It is essential that you’ll have had 3-5 years’ of previous experience in a similar role and are accustomed to having overall Marketing responsibility for various markets – ideally gained within an HR Tech, Fintech or SaaS environment or equivalent.
You can be based either in London or in Barcelona and you are ideally either a native English speaker with a good command of Spanish or a native Spanish speaker who is bilingual in English.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop the overall marketing strategy and build a clear plan to drive growth in key business areas
- Reinforce Hastee´s leadership position and help grow our pipeline and customer base through:
- Top of funnel awareness (Brand, PR, Content, Social,…)
- Demand generation (Pre-sales, Presentations, Case Studies,…)
- Customer onboarding and launch (Marketing assets, Comms campaigns with Employers, …)
- Achieve the highest return from each onboarded Employer by focusing on employees´ uptake and usage metrics:
- User activation and registration
- User engagement and monetization
- New products/features upselling & crosselling
- Work closely with our teams in Sales and Customer Success to establish communication & action plans that increase employee awareness and engagement over time, overseeing lifecycle and touchpoints per account
- Own and manage the Global Marketing budget, day-to-day marketing deliverables & deadlines and external providers (PR Agencies and other providers)
- Develop knowledge of our corporate strategy, the HR Tech and Earned Wage Access industries globally, and be on top of trends and opportunities for vertical and horizontal growth of Hastee´s value proposition
But What About You (MOST importantly!):
More than anything else, we are looking for someone who would be stimulated working in a fast-paced, cutting-edge start-up environment where people and projects move quickly and excited by the prospect of helping us deliver on our ambitious strategic plans 🚀
- Our product is new to our strategic markets so we will need your creative powers to help us educate our future clients and, once they’ve signed, their workers, so we can drive up usage – which makes this one of the most pivotal hires for the execution of our future growth plans
- Prior experience as a Marketing Director in a high-growth, international tech Company is therefore key
- Will it be a challenge? Absolutely! Will it be exciting and rewarding? Yes yes yes if you’re someone who is a fast learner (life moves fast here!) and thrives on being an instrumental part of an exciting new journey!
- You’ll need strong analytical skills to monitor, measure and report on the KPIs behind your marketing plan. As well as…
- A broad understanding of technical concepts and a sound knowledge of Digital Marketing including Analytics, Paid advertising, Social, SEO, email marketing, in-app marketing
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and analytical but with the creativity required to craft the best messaging and content to boost our brand and our conversions
- Proactive in your approach to work with the ability to work autonomously, self-demanding and driven
- Excellent teamwork skills and passion for User Experience & Customer Satisfaction
- Bilingual Spanish/English
And if we could have a Cherry on Top:
- Experience working for a HR Tech / B2B Corporate Benefits provider
- Experience marketing and selling into HR departments
- Experience working with Hubspot or similar CRM
- Additional languages like French or German, a plus
How will you know you’ve aced it? Your success will be mostly measured on:
- Demand generation (MQLs, SQLs, CPL)
- Employee Adoption: Sign-ups / Registrations
- Employee Engagement: Monthly Active Users and ARPU
- Clients´and users´ satisfaction levels (Ratings, NPS)
- To work with a diverse international team in a fast-paced, HOT HOT HOT dynamic start-up where what really matters is getting things done
- To become part of a fast-growing and game-changing Company, where we are passionate about improving one of the largest problems of today: Financial Stress
- To enjoy autonomy and flexibility in your work and the ability to further develop and make the most out of your role, shaping not only your team and strategy but also having a true impact across the entire organization
- To have an international scope and global responsibilities
- To take to market a solution that is innovative, ethical and good for all
Hours / Working Arrangements:
- We offer a hybrid work environment with a combination of core days in the office and remote working arrangements.
- Taking pride and care about the quality of your work;
- The customer comes first and user outcomes are key;
- Succeeding together and working collaboratively;
- Experimenting and innovating to make things better or to find solutions to new obstacles; and
- Learning & sharing your knowledge with others.
Competitive Salary & Benefits