Business Development Manager
- London, UK
Hastee is an award-winning FinTech, revolutionising the way people are paid, enabling workers to receive a portion of their earned pay immediately, whenever and wherever they want. In 2020 we acquired our counterpart in Barcelona which strengthened our mission to be at the heart of employee financial wellbeing both in the UK and wider Europe.
How We Do It
- We enable access to a portion of their earned pay, on-demand when they need it.
- We deliver financial education & management tools, including savings, budgeting, rewards & cashbacks to help our users better understand their finances and make decisions that ultimately make their money go further.
By accessing their pay on-demand via an award-winning app, Hastee reduces financial stress, increasing choice, wellbeing and productivity. People can only ever receive their pay for the work they have completed; so it is income smoothing, not a loan. We do not charge interest, but a low and simple fee, and help people to avoid expensive consumer finance options such as overdrafts and payday loans.
Our clients benefit from the improved recruitment, retention, engagement and productivity of their workforce. Hastee is free to employers (unless they wish to contribute) and has no impact to company cash flow since we fund the payments of earned wages.
Having successfully launched our product and being very well-funded, Hastee is one of the most exciting and scalable fintech businesses around, operating in and re-shaping one of the largest markets.
If you’re looking to be part of something special, that will change the way people are paid forever, get in touch!
Thanks to great momentum and demand for Financial Wellness solutions among Employers, we are now going through an exciting period of growth and increasing our Sales/BD Team in the UK with a Business Development Manager opening.
This role will suit a tenacious and driven Business Developer who can handle responsibility and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment; someone substantially result, growth and sales oriented. A very fast mover.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Developing and managing a sales pipeline; prospecting and assessing leads with the ability to move many transactions simultaneously through your sales pipeline.
- Managing your CRM (Hubspot) by detailing all sales and lead generation activity accurately.
- Working closely with other teams within the organisation, especially Product, Marketing and Customer Success to share your frontline customer feedback in an effective and meaningful way.
- To maintain an accurate understanding of the market in which we operate and the sectors in which we work.
- Pro-actively managing your time & effort between short-term tactical opportunities & medium/long-term strategic opportunities.
- Developing meaningful relationships at all levels of the organisation being especially mindful to focus on those who are able to influence the decision-making process.
- To be successful in this role you will need to be a self-starter who is sales-driven, organized, responsive, fast-moving, highly commercial and have a strong customer focus.
- You will be passionate about creating value for your customers which in turn will create business for both yourself and Hastee.
- You will need to be adept at identifying individuals as our prospects who are the decision-makers and influencers as well as possessing a methodological approach to following up on your portfolio and managing your pipeline.
- You will have excellent communication skills, knowing what to say and, more importantly, how to say it. You will be naturally curious about the market in which we operate and will want to become a subject matter expert in our service offering.
- Horizon-scanning industry news as a matter of habit and interest, with a belief in what we’re doing and trying to achieve.
- Results orientated and driven individual with a mindset that will not stop at anything until you deliver on your goals.
- 2+ years of commercial sales experience, ideally having worked with prospects in a consultative manner and with a lengthy sales cycle.
- This role will suit someone from an ‘enterprise sales level’ although this is not mandatory.
- Experience within Tech, Financial Services, HR or Employee Benefits would be highly beneficial.
- A proven track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting and creating new business.
- Someone who has consistently exceeded their key performance metrics in past roles.
- A demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- High activity rate & proven ability to relentlessly pursue and close new business.
- Ability to generate strategic contacts at senior & C-level.
- Comfortable operating within a defined sales process & methodology with high ethics.
- Confidence & gravitas to effectively represent Hastee & articulate its value proposition amongst a variety of audiences.
- Personable, driven communicator with high work ethic & integrity.
- Strong verbal, written & data presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences, with high attention to detail.
Hastee is a high performance, high growth, fast paced start-up, we work extremely hard, are passionate and love to have fun too.
We are a true meritocracy whose values are based on integrity, respect, trust, transparency and diversity. We are an entrepreneurial company who love to champion new ideas and vision.
Hastee is based in Waterloo right by the water with a number of shops, bars & restaurants on our doorstep.
Highly competitive salary on offer + uncapped commission scheme + additional benefits.