Technical Team Lead – Data Centre Solutions
- Bengaluru, India
Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential?
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 30,000 great people in
more than 58 countries, you’ll be working with teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a GSC Engineering Team Lead – Data Centre Solutions to support the business in achieving its strategic objective.
The primary role of the GSC Engineering Team Lead – Data Centre Solutions is managing the engineering resources on the technology support team. You will also ensure that the GSC has the necessary staffing and technical capabilities to deliver the services contracted by Managed Services (MS) and Enterprise Services (ES) clients and that engineers drive execution of services through standard process and methodologies. In addition you will be vital as the resource and queue manager as well as incident, problem and escalation manager in MS and ES operations organisation for the technologies serviced by your team.
As GSC Engineering Team Lead – Data Centre Solutions you need to be able to work independently while handling multiple client incidents, problems or projects. That’s why we need someone with strong organisational and project management skills, a proven background in customer service, and the ability to use an innovative technology approach to solve problems. We’re looking for an analytical thinker with impressive business and leadership skills that can work collaboratively, offer team support and development, and act as a guide and mentor.
What we expect you to do
- Serving as the lead technical position in the MS operations organization
- Daily ops management, shift coverage and work prioritization
- Support of technical services delivered to any of the MS clients within your region
- Ensure engineering team has 24x7x365 coverage
- Maintain close contact with engineers through regular, recurring meetings, reviews, and guidance
- Collaborate with engineers on client issues to maintain customer satisfaction from a technical point of view
- Work with GSC engineering manager and the service desk in reviewing or scheduling resources to allow for comprehensive review of any tickets or events.
- Review work load and compile a status report created for your direct reports
- Collaborate with the GSC engineering manager to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and ensure they are delivered according to SOPs and in alignment with the service catalogue
- Regularly review metrics on resources, work effort and caseload with GSC engineering manager and GSC engineering director
- Collaborate with GSC engineering manager, service manager, and service desk on service improvement plans
- Collaborate with GSC engineering manager to ensure the most cost effective resources are utilized in support of clients and services
- Ensure adherence to SLAs
- Drive resource utilization and forecasting
- Vendor escalation and communications
- CSAT escalations and communications
- May participate in services creation and act as an advisor/consultant in the continual service improvement of services and related technologies
- Serve as the escalation point for on-call engineers.
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5 – 7 years’ experience working on and leading formally structured IT projects or leading supporting of IT environments with a strong background designing, configuring, troubleshooting, supporting,
analysing, and optimising IT technologies across many vendors and platforms
- At least 3 years’ management experience
- Strong familiarity with multi-vendor support and operate models
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS, EMC and NetApp Storage, VMWare, and Microsoft platforms.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.