Production Associate Intern/Volunteer
- PO BOX A3938, Chicago, IL
As a Production assistant you will have a variety of responsibilities throughout the semester. Our team is looking for bright and innovative intern .
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage production timelines and budgets for creative projects; ongoing evaluation of
adherence to budgeted time and cost constraints for sold ad programs, which could include-
Serve as liaison between Creative Communications and sales, marketing, edit, ad ops, and external vendors.
- Assist with daily staff meetings to coordinate creative-department projects and manage and organize workflow
- Producer Requirements:
• Manage all aspects of photo and video production including: Castings (models and real people)
• Sourcing new hair/makeup/wardrobe/set design talent
• Maintaining a diverse pool of photography and videography talent
• Running pre-production meetings internally and with clients
• Coordinating with PR/Management teams of celebrities
• Organize shot lists and shoot schedules to ensure shoots ended on time and under budget
• Scout studios, locations, and local production teams in NYC, LA, Chicago.
• Handle all aspects of photo shoot production, including sourcing locations, permitting, booking stylist/hair/makeup, executing contracts, creating call sheets, managing process on set, etc.
• Oversee the day-to-day workflow of Photo Department to ensure deadlines are being met. Assign and divide web research assignments and review before submitting to editors.
A passion for women’s economic opportunities
Must be a full or part-time practicing professional
Have relevant consumer magazine and online experience
Have extensive photo research and photo production experience and a strong visual and creative sensibility
Be enthusiastic and team oriented, but also able to work independently
Have excellent communication and organizational skills
Work effectively on several projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
Must be able to commit to 2-3 days a week for 3 months
Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work autonomously
Experience working in a studio setting
Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks
Ability, and willingness, to adhere to verbal direction and creative critique
Proficiency in collaboration and/or problem-solving during photo shoots
Ability to take initiative and must have the confidence to learn in a “live” environment.
Must be reliable with excellent organizational skills and very strong attention to detail.
Ability to work well with a team
Integrity, honesty, openness and a willingness to operate as a team player.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.