Salesforce Specialist Internship
- New York, NY
The position of Salesforce Specialist will be responsible for maintaining daily operations of the Salesforce CRM System. This will include system administration, user support and training, change control, interface design, data quality, requirements gathering and reporting. The Salesforce Specialist will serve as subject matter expert on Salesforce CRM System application; design, set up, and customize Salesforce CRM System modules for fundraising, knowledge management, grant management and donor/volunteer management. The Specialist will also be responsible for other functions as needed in order to maximize product efficiency and usefulness and meet the needs of the organization.
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Administration of The Aparecio Foundation’s Salesforce CRM system and development of related to its adoption and ongoing success.
- Administration of user management, including training staff in different departments on how best to use Salesforce modules.
- Customize Salesforce.com fields, page layouts, record types, searching, list views, queues, reports, and dashboards. Modify as needed.
- Maintain overall system configuration, change control, and enhancements.
- Maintain security such as user accounts, mobile user accounts, sharing rules, user roles, user profiles, content folder rights, groups, list view rights, and custom pages.
- Maintain and create workflow rules, validation rules, formula fields and escalation rules.
- Assist in developing and maintaining documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, and help related materials.
- Manage operational requests and troubleshoot issues, working with diverse user groups.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Salesforce CRM System users.
- Maintain system metrics to track trends in usage and data integrity.
- Manage the production of product and service-related training materials.
- Conduct training of Salesforce CRM System to users. Present changes/system enhancements and overall training to diverse audiences.
- Support the tracking and reporting of all Salesforce CRM System feature request(s) and development initiatives.
- Provide high quality support via telephone and email.
- Identify Salesforce.com usage problems and craft technical/communication plans to remedy.
- Willingness to learn Salesforce CRM System development.
- Knowledge is defined as the acquisition of information stored in memory through experience and learning.
- Skills represent the practical aspect of knowledge. The implementation of knowledge in daily tasks that can be acquired or developed through training is termed as skill.
- Lastly, ability is characterized as the stable and abstract behavioral and cognitive capacity.
- Minimum 1-2 years of hands-on experience with Salesforce CRM system; nonprofit Salesforce experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience/ technical application development skills preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field desired/ Masters preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Customer service/Salesforce CRM system.