Social Media Consultant
- PO BOX A3938, Chicago, IL
The Aparecio Foundation is a nonprofit organization that was designed as an economic development strategy to lift women out of poverty and as a community development approach to build the leadership capacity of low-income women. The Aparecio Foundation provides academic support and scholarship programs for hih-potential, low-income women in public high schools hrough an eight-year multiple-mentor program.
The culture of Aparecio Foundation is characterized by an informal and laid back environment, where employees work independently and in teams to develop and carry out effective organizational structure and work processes. Employees are driven through self-motivation and passion for the not-for-profit sector. Through the development of quality services to the enhancement of the organization’s goals and objectives employees are able to use their strengths and skills the best ways they can! Therefore Aparecio Foundation employees are given freedom to be creative and energetic in performing their tasks and duties as professionals in their respective field of expertise.
The position of Social Media Consultant will be responsible for assisting the Marketing/
PR Director with determining the social media needs of the organization (including Facebook,
Twitter, and LinkedIn). Additional responsibilities include identifying potential customers
and competitors through Social Media and implementing ideas for improvement and tracking
of progress. The Social Media Consultant will also be responsible for advising on favorable
publicity material and releasing it through various social communications media. Also required
is assisting with product development and monitoring trends that indicate the need for new
services and providing project updates on social media trends.
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing social media properties (LinkedIn, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.),
including daily monitoring, posting, and content development.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing social media marketing communication
projects with responsibilities that include social media advertising and creating brand
- Initiate conversations through forums and online social media postings.
- Prepare status reports on social media efforts and success rates.
- Assist in planning the development of social media communication to maintain
favorable public perceptions of an organization's accomplishments and agenda.
- Confer with production and support personnel to produce or coordinate production of
advertisements and promotions that are used in Apareció Foundation’s Social Media
- Consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in social
- Respond to requests for information from interested parties or designate another
appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Masters students/Doctoral students preferred
- 3-4 years professional experience in business and/or social media industry