- PO BOX A3938, Chicago, IL
The Aparecio Foundation is a nonprofit organization that was designed as an economic development strategy to lift women out of poverty and as a community development approach to build the leadership capacity of low-income women. The Aparecio Foundation provides academic support and scholarship programs for hih-potential, low-income women in public high schools hrough an eight-year multiple-mentor program.
The culture of Aparecio Foundation is characterized by an informal and laid back environment, where employees work independently and in teams to develop and carry out effective organizational structure and work processes. Employees are driven through self-motivation and passion for the not-for-profit sector. Through the development of quality services to the enhancement of the organization’s goals and objectives employees are able to use their strengths and skills the best ways they can! Therefore Aparecio Foundation employees are given freedom to be creative and energetic in performing their tasks and duties as professionals in their respective field of expertise.
The Apareció Foundation is a growing organization with a great need for a Branding
Consultant. The position of the Branding Consultant will be responsible for the strategic
development of distinctive characteristics that set the organization apart from other non-
profit agencies. The Branding Consultant is to focus on the enhancement of organizational
reputation to external audiences based on our mission, values, and goals. The position will
include overseeing assigned projects including (but not limited to) production of brochures,
public announcements, direct mail, and employee communications materials, social media and
event planning. In addition, the Branding Consultant is expected to monitor the effectiveness of
strategy and maintain valuable long-term relationships with key decision makers.
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Design and enhance motivating key product initiatives increasing brand value.
- Develop support materials and conduct training for branding concepts as needed.
- Identify, prioritize, and manage opportunities for Director of Marketing/PR.
- Conduct research and analysis to determine branding positioning and message.
- Interact with several departments (i.e. legal, advertising, marketing, etc.) to access input
on developing innovative ways to modify the organizations’ brand.
- Determine organizational needs through focus groups, and other organizational meeting
as necessary providing marketing team with valuable branding materials.
- Provide consultation for communication strategies and provide activity overview and ad
hoc reports as requested.
- Supplement departmental communication with meaningful educational materials and
reading related to marketing and branding.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-4 years of professional experience in marketing and/or business
- Masters students/Doctoral students preferred (Business Degree focused)