Human Resources Associate
- New York, NY
Felix is a luxury lifestyle magazine currently serving Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. The pages of this glossy publication cover the latest trends in fashion, fine dining, nightlife, arts and culture. Featuring ultra luxe fashion profiles, restaurants, and the season’s must-have accessories from the world’s top writers and stylists.
Luxe Media, LLC and Felix Magazine are the marketing names of The Aparecio Foundation, NFP (“TAF”). Luxe Media, LLC. is committed to developing a fun and productive work culture that is conducive to positive results!
We offer a uniquely open environment that demands initiative and imagination from every single team member that are heard, tested, and genuinely empowered to lead by example and create lasting impacts on our organization, its programs, and the community.
This is an unpaid internship/volunteer opportunity.
As Recruiting Intern for Luxe Media. you will have a variety of responsibilities throughout the semester. Our Human Resources team is looking for bright and innovative interns to attract, recruit and retain the best talent ahead of the curve, through exacting standards and in a cost efficient and timely manner. You are also required to provide a seamless service through innovative resourcing solutions and ideas to service the many challenges presented by the business as it evolves. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively source, attract and recruit candidates
- Assist managers with development of job and people specifications
- Identify best source for candidates and initiate recruitment campaigns
- Identify and implement employer branding exercises and initiatives
- Write copy for recruitment adverts ensuring they are on-brand and on-message.
- Ensure candidates receive timely responses to their applications
- Ensure Luxe Media is portrayed in an accurate and professional manner at all times
- Work with the HR team on new starter and induction process
- Assist with the onboarding process; ensuring that all new starters are fully engaged and supported
- during their probationary period
- Develop new "candidate streams", including social networking and other new media avenues
- Develop relevant interview and assessment tools with managers
- Ad hoc projects and tasks
- Administer and carry out application responses, interviews and job offers in conjunction with the senior team
- Refine and improve recruitment procedures with the wider HR team
- A passion for women’s economic opportunities
- Must be a full or part-time student and working toward a degree
- Must be eligible to receive school credit and commit to 2-3 days a week for 3 months
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work autonomously
- Confident and professional interview skills
- Articulate with excellent writing skills, and good eye for detail
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with good communication skills
- Exceptionally well organized and efficient, with a good common sense and initiative.
- Ability to use judgement and seek guidance with confidential issues
- Great work ethic
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the HR and recruitment service to the business
- Integrity, honesty, openness and a willingness to operate as a team player