Advertising Sales Associate Intern/Volunteer
- Chicago, IL
The advertising sales representative works closely within a small team inside sales reps on a daily basis, and reports directly to the associate publisher and publisher. This is a sales/results-driven inside sales phone position with opportunities for growth and advancement based on performance.
Job responsibilities include:
- Research and cold call prospective advertisers (national and regional) consistent with magazine’s target demographic
- Large volume of out-bound calls to prospective advertising partners (100-plus per day)
- Build relationships with prospective and current accounts/stakeholders
- Effectively articulate and communicate the magazine’s brand to match it with appropriate advertising partners
- Speaking daily to industry professionals
- Develop advertising proposals
- Introducing our brand to new partners
- Creating custom advertising, marketing, and editorial sales packages
- Manage and track advertising sales/client data
- Meeting and exceeding weekly and monthly sales quotas
- Effective sales skills, negotiation techniques and superior communication skills are essential to the job.
- A proven ability to plan, develop and implement sales strategies that produce results is necessary.
- Strong understanding of the internet sales and media planning process.
- Ability to develop custom marketing proposals and ideas.
- At least a BA/BS degree in journalism, or sales & marketing
- 3 years of sales experience
- A proven track record of surpassing sales goals
- Self-motivation and drive for results
- Excellent phone and communication skills
- Comfort making cold calls
- Ability to handle details related to client campaigns, optimization and campaign reporting.
- Proficiency with Powerpoint and Excel.
- A passion for women’s economic opportunities
- Must commit to 2-3 days a week for 3 months
- Excellent command of the English language
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.