Intern/Volunteer Advertising Sales Specialist
- PO BOX A3938, Chicago, IL
Felix is a luxury lifestyle magazine currently serving Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. The pages of this glossy publication cover the latest trends in fashion, fine dining, nightlife, arts and culture. Featuring ultra luxe fashion profiles, restaurants, and the season’s must-have accessories from the world’s top writers and stylists.
Luxe Media, LLC and Felix Magazine are the marketing names of The Aparecio Foundation, NFP (“TAF”). Luxe Media, LLC. is committed to developing a fun and productive work culture that is conducive to positive results!
We offer a uniquely open environment that demands initiative and imagination from every single team member that are heard, tested, and genuinely empowered to lead by example and create lasting impacts on our organization, its programs, and the community.
Compensation: 20% Commission Only
Felix, a luxury lifestyle magazine, is in need of an Advertising Sales Specialist. The Advertising Sales Specialist is responsible for driving revenue growth by selling magazine ad space to prospective and current advertisers consistent with the magazine’s target demographic. To do this, the Advertising Sales Specialist must develop a cohesive sales and account management strategy, build solid contacts and successful business relationships, and demonstrate strong business acumen and professionalism. This position requires a self-motivated, experienced ad/media sales professional with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Research and cold call prospective advertisers (national and regional) consistent with magazine’s target demographic.
- Present advertising solutions and packages to prospective advertisers, and follow up via phone and email to close deals as needed.
- Build relationships with prospective and current accounts/stakeholders.
- Effectively articulate and communicate the magazine’s brand to match it with appropriate advertising partners.
- Develop advertising proposals.
- Manage and track advertising sales/client data.
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales goals as established in partnership with Executive Director.
- Professional experience in advertising sales (preferably magazine or digital ad sales) with a record of achieving or surpassing sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business, or Journalism preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.